NFL: ***Official Week 7 Thread***

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Week 7 opens with The Chiefs vs. The Raiders. This is one of the great rivalries in the NFL.

Will we see the Chiefs bounce back after a short week?

Vikings play The Ravens. I guess it depends on which Case Keenum shows up.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Week 7 opens with The Chiefs vs. The Raiders. This is one of the great rivalries in the NFL.

Will we see the Chiefs bounce back after a short week?

Vikings play The Ravens. I guess it depends on which Case Keenum shows up.

I think so, unless Carr starts pushing the ball down the field. It's crazy how Amari Cooper has just completely disappeared this season. For a guy that talented it just doesn't make sense. BTW, this isn't the first time a Jack del Rio coached team with tons of preseason hype has disappointed. That happened more than once in Jacksonville. Maybe it's just bad luck, but when there are any kind of high expectations his teams tend to falter.

I think the Vikes will be fine. Joe Flacco has been awful, and they should be able to get after him and cause a couple turnovers. I read yesterday that Bridgewater is already getting in some reps with the starters in practice. I can't believe he'd be able to shake off the rust that soon but they must feel pretty good about his knee.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think so, unless Carr starts pushing the ball down the field. It's crazy how Amari Cooper has just completely disappeared this season. For a guy that talented it just doesn't make sense. BTW, this isn't the first time a Jack del Rio coached team with tons of preseason hype has disappointed. That happened more than once in Jacksonville. Maybe it's just bad luck, but when there are any kind of high expectations his teams tend to falter.

I think the Vikes will be fine. Joe Flacco has been awful, and they should be able to get after him and cause a couple turnovers. I read yesterday that Bridgewater is already getting in some reps with the starters in practice. I can't believe he'd be able to shake off the rust that soon but they must feel pretty good about his knee.
I really don't want to see Bridgewater rushed back. With this being his last season and the Vikings already opting out of the 5th year option they are going to have to see him at some point so they can make a decision on a contract.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I really don't want to see Bridgewater rushed back. With this being his last season and the Vikings already opting out of the 5th year option they are going to have to see him at some point so they can make a decision on a contract.
I don't either, but seeing how they bungled the Bradford start in Chicago, I worry they will.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I don't either, but seeing how they bungled the Bradford start in Chicago, I worry they will.

While I agree that was poor judgment, reports say that was more so Bradford saying he could go, while obviously trying to fight through some pain that was limiting him severely. So I don't think it's fair to judge the Vikings medical staff because of that.

I think the big difference here is Teddy's injury happened 14 months ago and by all accounts is as structurally sound as it was pre-injury. He was cleared 100% by his surgeon, and the Vikings historically have had a very good medical staff led by Eric Sugarman.

The one example that always comes to mind for me is EJ Henderson breaking his femur in November of 2009, and being ready to go by the beginning of the next season. He played two full seasons after that and made the Pro Bowl one of them.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
While I agree that was poor judgment, reports say that was more so Bradford saying he could go, while obviously trying to fight through some pain that was limiting him severely. So I don't think it's fair to judge the Vikings medical staff because of that.

I think the big difference here is Teddy's injury happened 14 months ago and by all accounts is as structurally sound as it was pre-injury. He was cleared 100% by his surgeon, and the Vikings historically have had a very good medical staff led by Eric Sugarman.

The one example that always comes to mind for me is EJ Henderson breaking his femur in November of 2009, and being ready to go by the beginning of the next season. He played two full seasons after that and made the Pro Bowl one of them.

That's the big thing. If he's been medically cleared then it's all about him just getting back to trusting his knee. And who knows how long that will take? He could already be there or it could be weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: SWCy13

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE

NFL players have an Ironman mentality when it comes to playing; always trying to be the hero when they're clearly hurt. Medical staff should be level-headed enough to know when a player is only saying he is good to go. Maybe he looked well enough in practice. We don't know.

As for Teddy, if he plays at any point this season for any purpose other than Keenum being injured, I would think it to be too soon for him. The guy's knee was literally shredded to the point where amputation was a rational thought if not acted upon (which is something I will give the medical staff uber-credit for). Being out as long as he was, he'll need all the time he can get.

And EJ Henderson was a freak of nature athlete. Still miss seeing him run up and down the field.

• Agree
Reactions: SWCy13

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
NFL players have an Ironman mentality when it comes to playing; always trying to be the hero when they're clearly hurt. Medical staff should be level-headed enough to know when a player is only saying he is good to go. Maybe he looked well enough in practice. We don't know.

As for Teddy, if he plays at any point this season for any purpose other than Keenum being injured, I would think it to be too soon for him. The guy's knee was literally shredded to the point where amputation was a rational thought if not acted upon (which is something I will give the medical staff uber-credit for). Being out as long as he was, he'll need all the time he can get.

And EJ Henderson was a freak of nature athlete. Still miss seeing him run up and down the field.

Agree 100% on the Bradford ordeal.

Like was mentioned above, I think it basically comes down to whether Teddy can trust his knee to the point where he can move in the pocket and protect himself. My medical knowledge is next to nothing, but if the knee is structurally sound now per his surgeon, is waiting until next August going to make it any more structurally sound?

• Agree
Reactions: ISpyCy and jbindm

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Agree 100% on the Bradford ordeal.

Like was mentioned above, I think it basically comes down to whether Teddy can trust his knee to the point where he can move in the pocket and protect himself. My medical knowledge is next to nothing, but if the knee is structurally sound now per his surgeon, is waiting until next August going to make it any more structurally sound?
At this point, it's about what kind of physical shape he is in, which, from the looks of it, he's kept up pretty well. He trusts his knee enough to not give up his career and get back on the field from an injury that would have decimated a normal man. We will find out more when he takes his first hit on the field.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
At this point, it's about what kind of physical shape he is in, which, from the looks of it, he's kept up pretty well. He trusts his knee enough to not give up his career and get back on the field from an injury that would have decimated a normal man. We will find out more when he takes his first hit on the field.

I guess I was thinking more about things like planting hard on it and cutting, or absorbing a hit...stuff like that. It's pretty common among guys who are coming back from bad knee injuries. The last thing to overcome is having the confidence to make the moves that put any kind of pressure or strain on the ligament or tendon or whatever.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Man the Chiefs defense is awful. No pass rush and the secondary is awful without Berry. The offense has been carrying the team.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I turned on ESPN about an hour ago and it was a Dallas Cowboy pep rally as always. Turned it off.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron