***Official Herbstreit Hate Thread***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
It's just because Iowa State has had no tradition. But pretty much any school that isn't part of the elite that has a highly successful football coach is always a threat to get their coach pilfered. If Arkansas was having this kind of success and schools like ND, USC, and OSU came calling do you think that coach wouldn't jump?

I just hope the reason if MC does jump to a middle of the tier P5 schools, it isn't because of money. Have to hope If schools like OSU come for MC we are in spot to continue the program's success.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirk Herbstreit is a dangerous individual in the world of college football. He preaches impartiality, but he is the biggest homer of them all. And he has perhaps the biggest voice in all of college football. In the first year of the College Football Playoff, he essentially sold the committee on jumping Ohio State four spots during prime time TV as a result of a game he didn’t even watch because he was broadcasting from another. He has an AP Top 25 vote, yet he spends most Saturdays sleeping on an airplane as he flys from College Gameday site to the ABC national primetime telecast of the day.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
It's been 40 years since a successful coach bolted for greener pastures. Earle Bruce in 1978 and had our admin paid the man, he would have stayed.

It's not a pattern. Herbie's an idiot.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't hate him. He just has the standard elitist talking head stance on things like this, and could not possibly understand the allure of building a program at a non-blue blood school. It's very possible that CMC moves on, but it's also very possible that he stays. Hope we back up a truckload of money to his door (such as we can) and keep him as long as possible.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yup, saw him laughing and making fun of the guest picker for picking ISU to win. Said something to the effect of "I don't think we've had anyone ever pick Iowa State." Made our win sweeter.

This may be the reason for the whole tweet storm. The team he picked not only lost, but were embarrassed on their own field. Rather than admit he was wrong and a complete idiot he did the old, well, ya ISU won, but that is because they cheated by hiring too good a coach, but he'll be gone soon and Clones will go back to sucking, so in the end I am right, and smarter than all you guys.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I love Herbstreit. What was wrong in his tweets? If a AD doesn't call Campbell that AD is doing his University a disservice.

It isn't the message, it is the way he is delivering it. It isn't: Campbell is really doing a great job at ISU and other teams will come calling. It is: HaHa losers, your coach is gone, hear that gone! There is no way in Hell he is going to stay at you crappy school for a day longer than he has to. Can't wait for you guys to suck again.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is the guy on the GameDay show that not only picked TTU to win, but also acted like a jerk to the PSU guest picker who called for us to win, right?
That's funny. I'm guessing he pulled this opinion right out of his ass and doesn't really have a basis in fact for it whatsoever.
Outside of the top 15 in college football, he is totally clueless.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Herbie is a company man. Will campaign for the Big Tin and his alma mater tosu in every case. Guy is not fit to judge other schools as he sucks the wang of old Jim Delaney and Urban Meyer. Should not have any voting power as biased as he is. Besides look at the tools he is with - Fowler? Guy can't even say our name right - called us the Iowa State Hawkeyes last year. Corso - a fool and it is criminal what they do to that old geezer! A michigan alum as another big tin supporter? Game Day is a joke and no serious fan pays any attention. KH is a talking head with no facts - **** him!

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Its simple. See Coach Snyder. Easily one of the best coaches over last 30 years. He stayed in Manhattan. ISU can be won at, you're seeing it now. How many Nick Sabans are there? Moving to a school with higher Pedigree typically just means you'll be fired sooner.

I have no idea what Herb was thinking with his comments. Makes no sense to me to say something like that other then him trying to rip us for some odd reason.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yup, saw him laughing and making fun of the guest picker for picking ISU to win. Said something to the effect of "I don't think we've had anyone ever pick Iowa State." Made our win sweeter.

Ironically I think one year the cyhawk game was among those picked and Herbstreit picked us.

Reactions: cyfamily

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Herbie is a company man. Will campaign for the Big Tin and his alma mater tosu in every case. Guy is not fit to judge other schools as he sucks the wang of old Jim Delaney and Urban Meyer. Should not have any voting power as biased as he is. Besides look at the tools he is with - Fowler? Guy can't even say our name right - called us the Iowa State Hawkeyes last year. Corso - a fool and it is criminal what they do to that old geezer! A michigan alum as another big tin supporter? Game Day is a joke and no serious fan pays any attention. KH is a talking head with no facts - **** him!
No ISU fan should be a fan of those nimrods. All they care about are the elites. They are the establishment. We are the anti-establishment. We are the rebellion. They are the enemy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron