Observations from Our Win Over the Kliff Notes

Observations from our Win at the KK Corral (Multiple Choice)

• After INT, Kempt-bot brought back to the sidelines & memory wiped. Restarted with updated program.

• Welcome to the Matthew Eaton show. Check under your seats for a couple of TDs!

• Turning point of the game - going for it on 4th down on 2nd series at 34-yd line. Balls of steel

• Cobra Kai coach asking for sweep of the leg? No, just Kingsbury asking his QB to take out Heacock

• Dilly, Dilly! is now the new "Where do you think you're going?"

• The Kempt haters got to go to bed hungry tonight.

• Could someone please get JD Waggoner a kickstand?

• I hope Kempt filed a police report for that robbery on his TD run.

• Marchie Murdock dragging every Tech player, coach, mascot, and cheerleader on that run.

• Tech's Homecoming got turned into a homegoing. As in, all their fans got to go home early today.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Just one more game away from Bowl eligibility, but I think I speak for many here that I want much, much more. We thoroughly dominated an improved Texas Tech team on the road and our defense in conference games has been legit. Here are my observations from today's game, plus a few more below which did not make the cut. Please share some of your own or others I missed.

-Black Betty, LanRam, Oh Oh, Black Betty, LanRam. We needed a yard. LanRam! Clone fans going wild. LanRam! (sorry)
-Do we have room for another wide receiver? Marcel Spears would like to know.
-So. Much. Holding. They were letting their offensive line get away with everything. Didn't matter.
-Visiting hours for the wake will be 9am-3pm for the player destroyed by De'Monte Ruth's tackle.
-Montgomery really "pinballed" that long run, bouncing off of multiple defenders.
-I look forward to the day when announcers will actually give us some credit/respect. I guess we have to keep winning.
-Carson Lensing hitting Shimonek with a massive Rock Bottom for the 3-count.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
A couple other things I noticed today:

-This was one of the fastest FB games I've ever seen us play. My guess? Refs didn't call many penalties because they also wanted out of that **** hole as quickly as possible.
-Anybody catch the replay of every wide receiver coming over and taking turns at wiping the invisible dust from Eaton's shoulders after that second TD catch?

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Ruth is a beast

I tend to not ***** about penalties since I watch the games with my kids and I don’t want them to be one of those guys ******** about refs. But I saw caught myself, seeing holds and yelling today. But ISU so good about not giving up dumb penalties since Texas.

Montgomery is so dirty, didn’t realize he had so many yards.

Just a good game against a good opponent and Etc.

Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
A couple other things I noticed today:

-This was one of the fastest FB games I've ever seen us play. My guess? Refs didn't call many penalties because they also wanted out of that **** hole as quickly as possible.
-Anybody catch the replay of every wide receiver coming over and taking turns at wiping the invisible dust from Eaton's shoulders after that second TD catch?

It probably helped that Tech didn't throw a downfield pass until like, halfway through the second quarter. Made the clock move faster.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
9 minutes left in the game, beautiful day, homecoming, TTU down 11 but showing some momentum with the ball in ISU territory - - - STADIUM 75% EMPTY. Wow.

I have a cousin who works for Tx Tech and I can tell you that Tech fans are extremely fickle.....If the football team is on a hot streak they will show up and fill the stadium but...If their fortunes go the other way the fans just say to heck with it and stay home........

Great Victory and Go Cyclones

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm sick of everyone saying Kempt can't make the hard throws. It hasn't all been bubble screens. He's actually been hitting the deep ball pretty well and hitting many receivers in stride.

He has done everything you need to win games, and his passing is getting better. He looks like Peyton Manning compared to the QBs at KU and a school to the east.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron