Can we talk about the announcers for the Tech game??

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Hawk has a pretty big personality, but seemed a little nervous. He will be good eventually. I was mostly disappointed in the production. Going to replays when the ball is about to be snapped, camera not following the ball, etc. FS1 is supposed to be a notch above FSN.

I disagree, i liked the replay to a split screen as the play was getting ready. Never missed much. Camera work was BAD. Announcers were better than Nance and Romo doing Chiefs games.

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
When I able to see games on the TV set I listen to the Tunein radio app of John Walters announcing and sync it to whatever game I'm watching so I circumvent the whole crummy tv announcer thing. Works awesome.

Reactions: mkadl

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I thought Kanell was good. He is not so over the top about everything. Still very insightful. I wasn't sure if Hawk was ever talking or not. Then I thought maybe Kanell and Hawk sound the same and I can't tell the difference.

In general, football broadcasting has taken a serious nosedive. So many of these guys make comments that show they do very little if any real prep for games. Nothing worse than messing up a facts about a player or a team in front of their entire fan base.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

cyattack69

Oct 5, 2017
Can we talk about threads with "Can we talk about..." in the title?
Why? What are posts supposed to be? If you have an account and are reading this....isn't it for communicating? The call on the game was garbage...my wife even thought it sucked and she thought it was baseball... If you have a better title for said post...I'd love to hear it...

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Thank the Maker that the TuneIn feed was only about 1-2 seconds behind the TV feed, as I was literally able to mute the TV and not have it be weird.

I've never been able to pull this off. We'll probably get a good team and broadcast next week. I'm assuming it will be on ABC

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
To be fair there's not many TV crews that are very good in today's watered down broadcasting.

Those bells, though...I would hate playing there.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why? What are posts supposed to be? If you have an account and are reading this....isn't it for communicating? The call on the game was garbage...my wife even thought it sucked and she thought it was baseball... If you have a better title for said post...I'd love to hear it...

Can we talk about people getting way too offended by a sarcastic comment on a free message board?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
They were ok in my opinion. 6/10. Mixed up butler and murdoch more often than not.

The camera/video work couldn't have been much worse, 2/10 at best.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
They were ok in my opinion. 6/10. Mixed up butler and murdoch more often than not.

The camera/video work couldn't have been much worse, 2/10 at best.
To be honest I confuse them half the time as well. Announcers weren’t that bad but the rest of the broadcast was awful.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Not the announcers so much, but I got a chuckle when they mentioned a segment coming up about "Shimomek and the Air Rad Offense". At the time they were down 24-6 and he had thrown for about 100 yards. Pretty timely stuff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron