I ******* love this team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This has been a fun year, I'm definitely sold. We've looked great at back to back conference away games. Our defense has been stellar. Offense is consistent and doesn't quit. Team is disciplined, doesn't give you penalty yards, lines are playing well.

I can't remember the last time I said basically any of these things, and now we have all of them at once. How quickly times change.

I think this is already our best conference road year since the b12 formed. Seriously.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
When we hired Campbell and I saw his approach to building a team I was a big fan. It's happening a lot sooner than I expected, though. No complaints. I hope he sticks around for a long time. This is exactly the way to run a program and I am glad it is playing out the way it should.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When we hired Campbell and I saw his approach to building a team I was a big fan. It's happening a lot sooner than I expected, though. No complaints. I hope he sticks around for a long time. This is exactly the way to run a program and I am glad it is playing out the way it should.

I couldn't watch today...need to find a replay. I was wondering today what it was besides the fanbase that made CMC so interested in the job. There was some talent and potential for at least bowl teams in 2014 and 2015; was it because he saw the talent, and knew it just needed more of that foundation?

It's really fun seeing the big upset from 2 weeks ago being validated. I'm hoping for at least 2 more wins.

Reactions: aauummm

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
The response after the pick was huge. He didn’t flinch at all. Kempt responded after penalties vs OU. He throws a great ball and makes
Good decisions with the ball. Give him some credit.

No slight intended. Kk made me a believer today.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I couldn't watch today...need to find a replay. I was wondering today what it was besides the fanbase that made CMC so interested in the job. There was some talent and potential for at least bowl teams in 2014 and 2015; was it because he saw the talent, and knew it just needed more of that foundation?

It's really fun seeing the big upset from 2 weeks ago being validated. I'm hoping for at least 2 more wins.

Here's your replay

http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=10410&id=6219053

Reactions: LindenCy

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I like this team.

I must admit when I may have judged wrong....I think we played three man front on D too much...but we won, so I was wrong.
Montgomery might be the best running back not in the SEC.
If the TT quarterback does not make about 3 or 4 running plays, I think we win 56-7.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Campbell, you're building something special here. Stay in Ames and turn us into the Kansas State of the 1990s.

All facets of the team are extremely well coached and recruiting has been fantastic. Keep your coaching staff together and we'll all enjoy the ride.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I don't think it had much to do with the roster. He saw a midwest school in a power 5 conference that supports athletics and has better facilities than many realize. He saw a chance to make his mark.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The fact that i was surprised by the Kempt interception means that my expectations are back.

Reactions: CycloneErik

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I like this team.

I must admit when I may have judged wrong....I think we played three man front on D too much...but we won, so I was wrong.
Montgomery might be the best running back not in the SEC.
If the TT quarterback does not make about 3 or 4 running plays, I think we win 56-7.

The 3 man front has worked wonders. Great strategy by Heacock it has been key to our success.

• Agree
Reactions: ExCyment

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Team is playing with confidence. Murdoch is unstoppable. Lanning, and crew are slowly becoming one of the best defenses we have ever had. Next week, #4 TCU at home and I have tickets? This just can't be happening.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think it had much to do with the roster. He saw a midwest school in a power 5 conference that supports athletics and has better facilities than many realize. He saw a chance to make his mark.

I'm not saying just this roster specifically...just maybe seeing that it was possible to get talent to Ames, and he knew how to get more and then put real systems in place to maximize it.

Reactions: khardbored

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We have a defensive identity. I'm not sure we've had that in my lifetime. 2005 was a good group, but I haven't seen ISU dictate play like this.

Could be my poor memory, but it seems like our solid defenses of the past always had to take risks somewhere to match up well elsewhere (usually giving a chance to burn us deep to ether get pressure or stop the run). I like this way better.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik