Things more interesting than Lubbock...

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
String Theory Lectures:

Now that's actually up my alley.

An aside: For anyone that cares, which is probably no one, a lot of hope was put into String Theory being able to solve some of the most fundamental mathematical problems with high energy physics. Up to this point, though, almost nothing groundbreaking has come from it besides some great conceptual ideas and some interesting new ways to do some extremely difficult calculations of Standard Model physics problems (otherwise known as the gauge-gravity dualities). Some of my friends who studied String Theory for their PhD are starting to move on.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyczech

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

An aside: For anyone that cares, which is probably no one, a lot of hope was put into String Theory being able to solve some of the most fundamental mathematical problems with high energy physics. Up to this point, though, almost nothing groundbreaking has come from it besides some great conceptual ideas and some interesting new ways to do some extremely difficult calculations of Standard Model physics problems (otherwise known as the gauge-gravity dualities). Some of my friends who studied String Theory for their PhD are starting to move on.

Wow. Lubbock looking a little better. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy and cdface

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I've been to Lubbock twice before and I'm amazed that they are able to get recruits. There is literally nothing for miles outside the town, just dirt. Inside city limits is dirty and open. Weeds growing out of all the sidewalks and a mall that feels like a zombie film is going to shot soon. Flying into the airport you feel like you're on a different planet. I've been a lot of places in the US and Lubbock is top 3 worst places I've been.
My work has taken me there a few times and I can't dispute what you're saying. Once, in May or June, it felt like someone was walking next to me with a blow dryer on my face. A blow driver that blew grit. I've been in a number of places at TTU and the campus is not without its beauty.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

So string theory is not at all like string cheese? Huh; I was totally off on my assumptions on that topic then.
4766364170_0198f015f6.jpg

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
1) Listening to Sarah Huckabee Sanders read Walden by Henry David Thoreau.

2) Waiting 4 hours at a crowded DMV to renew a drivers license

3) Long ass video game loading screens

4) Pooping and forgetting to bring your phone

5) Watching Golf on the television

6) Going clothes shopping with your girlfriend for an entire day.

7) Reading tax code

8) Bingo marathon at the nursing home

9) The color beige

10) Watching Mike Leach trying to get money from TTU

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
I've been to Lubbock twice before and I'm amazed that they are able to get recruits. There is literally nothing for miles outside the town, just dirt. Inside city limits is dirty and open. Weeds growing out of all the sidewalks and a mall that feels like a zombie film is going to shot soon. Flying into the airport you feel like you're on a different planet. I've been a lot of places in the US and Lubbock is top 3 worst places I've been.

Ok, you have me, what are the other two.

• Agree
Reactions: TedKumsher

scottl2001

Oct 8, 2017
My work has taken me there a few times and I can't dispute what you're saying. Once, in May or June, it felt like someone was walking next to me with a blow dryer on my face. A blow driver that blew grit. I've been in a number of places at TTU and the campus is not without its beauty.

I've been there on business as well, many years ago. I was told that the EPA once issued air quality warnings for the city, not due to pollution, but dirt blowing around town. I believe it.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron