David Carr ..... Has Chosen ISU!

pointingdogsrule

Aug 19, 2017
Just curious but can we change the thread title to "David Carr chooses ISU" versus "Top 5"? Or maybe we should start a new thread for congratulations. Just my 2 cents.

It was my started thread. Seems as though the MODS changed the title before I could get out of the treestand. THANKS guys.

David Carr: YES Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby :)

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I know that intermat had him in the 10 -25 region. Also iawrestle thought Clark was the better in state prospect. They were right on that. Honestly, McCauley was the last wrestler with close to this wrestling profile. I think Carr will be going for a 5th title this year, and with his Cadet and freestyle credentials, he is the best recruit we have had since pre Jackson era.

iawrestle didn't exist when those guys were recruits.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So he's currently from Massillion, OH? I understand he is a legacy recruit but anyone think CMC stopped by to visit him when he was on his official?

Or Kyle Kempt who is also from Massillon!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
iawrestle didn't exist when those guys were recruits.
Sorry I was typing on a treadmill from my phone. I meant Intermat. I was premium subscriber for awhile and an Iowa insider ranked the in-state recruits. It was a good year for Iowa and he had Clark slightly ahead of Meeks. Not going to talk about this anymore as its not that relevant. We all hope Carr isn't another Meeks in terms of college production.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Wow. Sounds like an awesome pick-up! I don't know much about wrestling, but seeing news like this it is easy to get excited. Going to try to make a meet or two this year to support the program. It's been since college since I went to one. Congrats to the new Coach on the big pick-up and Welcome to ISU David Carr!!

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Looks like Drew Bennett committed to Iowa last night.

Also, ISU should smash the season ticket record this year. There is some really good things going on in Ames and I hope anyone that hasn't been to a meet tries to make a few! Just like in any sport, the home crowd/atmosphere gives a huge advantage.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I think if Bennett is a 133 pounder, more need at Iowa than Iowa State

Probably true, but for some reason I always thought we were in a good spot with Bennett.

Like you said though, we have plenty of options around that weight, so it's on to the next in that regard.

Edit: Should've looked into it before posting. Sounds like he hasn't committed anywhere yet, so it's NOT on to the next.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I only seen the Kassel picture about Bennett & Iowa. Not sure that was a commit.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
I only seen the Kassel picture about Bennett & Iowa. Not sure that was a commit.
Kadel makes graphics like that all the time - he did one for Teske too a couple months ago..

Not saying Bennett wont eventually commit to Iowa..but he hasn't committed to Iowa..

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Looks like Drew Bennett committed to Iowa last night.

Also, ISU should smash the season ticket record this year. There is some really good things going on in Ames and I hope anyone that hasn't been to a meet tries to make a few! Just like in any sport, the home crowd/atmosphere gives a huge advantage.
Think Bennett committed to UNI.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron