Derrick Willies leaving Iowa

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What blows my mind is that if you know certain poster(s) are obviously trolling the Hawks, why do you keep taking the bait? Most of your postings here are back and forth with them or whining about them.
The reality is that the Hok trolls are OBSESSED with @CyTwins . In the past they have even admitted to creating accounts here just so that they could engage him. Sad, really.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I don’t read the main board so I don’t know what @GTO posts there.

Unfortunalty some good Clone fans like you are driven from the ISR forum because of @CyTwins non stop trolling. It is hard to get around him if you are a Hawk fan posting here.

What it feels like for me and @CyTwins, @BCClone, @MeowingCows, @laminak, @JP4CY, @BigLame, and a few others who have to constantly defend CF from this relentless onslaught of Hok trolls:

anigif_enhanced-2214-1391044333-23_1.gif

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Thoughts on the MAC recruit CMC just poached?
Dude has great size and if anyone can spot MAC diamonds out there, it's Campbell. Not declaring him a true freshman AA or anything, but I ain't even mad. Campbell literally turned a QB into a serviceable LB basically overnight; I'm pretty happy with his player development this far and would be surprised to see someone out there who isn't.
I don’t read the main board so I don’t know what @GTO posts there.

Unfortunalty some good Clone fans like you are driven from the ISR forum because of @CyTwins non stop trolling. It is hard to get around him if you are a Hawk fan posting here.
Not that you or @YeahBuddy or @iahawks ever try too hard to do that, anyway. I wouldn't classify any of you as "good-faith posters" even a sliver of the time you all spend here. The treatment you guys get is often well-deserved, and if the roles were reversed, it'd be the same way and feelings on any Iowa board.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Not that you or @YeahBuddy or @iahawks ever try too hard to do that, anyway. I wouldn't classify any of you as "good-faith posters" even a sliver of the time you all spend here. The treatment you guys get is often well-deserved, and if the roles were reversed, it'd be the same way and feelings on any Iowa board.

I can actually be a pretty reasonable poster, just not when engaging with @CyTwins.

I have had good conversations with several posters.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Seems like the football board would be a better fit then.

Doesnt make sense to talk about the ISU/TTU game in the ISR forum. Does it?

I know this sounds crazy, but it is really easy to not comment on a thread, ISR forum or not, Jon. Could you...handle that?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Dude has great size and if anyone can spot MAC diamonds out there, it's Campbell. Not declaring him a true freshman AA or anything, but I ain't even mad. Campbell literally turned a QB into a serviceable LB basically overnight; I'm pretty happy with his player development this far and would be surprised to see someone out there who isn't.

Actually CMC didn’t even understand Lanning was a LB for an entire year. Kind of a waste really. I feel bad for Lanning hat he had 2 coaches and 4 years of being played out of position.

• Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Actually CMC didn’t even understand Lanning was a LB for an entire year. Kind of a waste really. I feel bad for Lanning hat he had 2 coaches and 4 years of being played out of position.

Yea, Kingsbury and Ttech defense are very disappointed he was played out of position last year as well.

Oh wait, I was just looking at the stats, he still is out of position. Looks like he played QB against some unit out of Norman.

I am sure it is hard to follow all this radical coaching stuff when you are used to following a team who's coach's biggest decision is whether to go with 1 or 2 pieces of gum.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yea, Kingsbury and Ttech defense are very disappointed he was played out of position last year as well.

Oh wait, I was just looking at the stats, he still is out of position. Looks like he played QB against some unit out of Norman.

I am sure it is hard to follow all this radical coaching stuff when you are used to following a team who's coach's biggest decision is whether to go with 1 or 2 pieces of gum.

Gimmicks work at the college level. I’ll take 5 top 10 AP finishes in 15 years and the Bubble gym that goes with it every day.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Gimmicks work at the college level. I’ll take 5 top 10 AP finishes in 15 years and the Bubble gym that goes with it every day.

HOw many players have the hoks had with 5 gimmicks in one game?

Nothing in the drivel you bring here except realization that you are stuck with stale Ferentz football and 15 years of mediocre finishes while CMC passes baby ferentz by.

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
What it feels like for me and @CyTwins, @BCClone, @MeowingCows, @laminak, @JP4CY, @BigLame, and a few others who have to constantly defend CF from this relentless onslaught of Hok trolls:

Well done, Lt. GTO.

Starship-Troopers-06.jpg

The fact of the matter is that we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by posters with guts. Who's gonna do it? @GTO, @CyTwins, @BCClone, @MeowingCows, @laminak, @JP4CY, and @BigLame have a greater responsibility than we could possibly fathom. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible, *saves CycloneFanatic poster's brain cells*. We want them on that wall. We need them on that wall.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
He's had more than 2 coaches apparently miss that, he hadn't played on the defense since, like, 7th grade. I mean, he also placed 3rd in State wrestling, so for all we know he missed his true calling there. It's hard to tell with such a freak athlete as him.

Dude just really wanted to be a QB. Hell, he was a great QB at Ankeny and a serviceable one for us (hence why he still plays it for us occasionally). Campbell seems to like pocket passers primarily, though, as all 3 other QB's on roster are. I'm just glad Lanning still sees the field, he's too damn good to keep on the sidelines.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
HOw many players have the hoks had with 5 gimmicks in one game?

Nothing in the drivel you bring here except realization that you are stuck with stale Ferentz football and 15 years of mediocre finishes while CMC passes baby ferentz by.

Only a Clone fan would make fun of the last 15 years of success under Ferentz. He has 124 wins in the last 15 years, nearly double what ISU has over that time (67). He has 2 BigTen titles, 5 AP Top 10 finishes. I mean my God, if CMC could just win as many games in 1 years as Ferentz has averaged over the last 15 years, you would cream your pants.

Only the name has changed, you Clone fans have sung the same song for 20 years now. First it was Danny Mac, then Chizik, then Rhoads was going to lead Clone fans to the promise land. Now it is CMC, lol, it is the same crap from you guys for the last 20 years.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Well done, Lt. GTO.

Starship-Troopers-06.jpg

The fact of the matter is that we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by posters with guts. Who's gonna do it? @GTO, @CyTwins, @BCClone, @MeowingCows, @laminak, @JP4CY, and @BigLame have a greater responsibility than we could possibly fathom. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible, *saves CycloneFanatic poster's brain cells*. We want them on that wall. We need them on that wall.

0m4Kz.gif