NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Regular Season Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Two days into the season and the Cavs are off to a great start. The Hayward and Lin injuries both really help them.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Two days into the season and the Cavs are off to a great start. The Hayward and Lin injuries both really help them.

Oh, I had to think about it for a second. I forgot about the Nets pick already. Yeah, if Isaiah Thomas comes back healthy then that trade just keeps looking better and better for them.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Thibs was questionable all game. Tyus had a bit of a spark in the 2nd quarter, but that is all, and he seemed to try to ride that wave in the 4th, when Jeff wasn't doing anything that Tyus wasn't. Also had Jimmy and Andrew on the bench with 5 minutes left. Just doesn't make any sense when you are down and the only people who have been able to score consistently were Jimmy and Wiggins

LOL

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Oh, I had to think about it for a second. I forgot about the Nets pick already. Yeah, if Isaiah Thomas comes back healthy then that trade just keeps looking better and better for them.

They can afford to make sure he's right.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
OKC's new superteam makes their season debut tonight with the Knicks coming to town. I don't know if OKC will be fun to watch, but they'll certainly be interesting. To me, it all comes down to Paul George. I think he's built to be the ultimate sidekick - reliable second scorer, knockdown shooter, lockdown defender at multiple positions - he just has to embrace that role. We know Russ isn't going to change or throttle back who he is, so it's on PG to adjust.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Bet Melo enjoys being on the good side of a game involving the knicks. If Olympic Melo shows up this season OKC will be a dangerous team.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Lonzo is going to have a big target on his back every game. Especially when Daddy makes a post game comment ( why is he still a thing?) saying " who is Patrick Beverley" after they lost to the Clippers lol

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Lonzo looked about how I thought he would look. PG in the NBA is a loaded position and things aren't going to be easy for him. He struggled against Fox last year because of Fox's athleticism and quickness and the NBA is filled with athletic PGs. I think he will still be good this year distributing but I don't see him being an effective scorer yet in the league. Kind of ridiculous how much pressure is on him to, a lot of it put on by his Dad's big mouth.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Lonzo looked about how I thought he would look. PG in the NBA is a loaded position and things aren't going to be easy for him. He struggled against Fox last year because of Fox's athleticism and quickness and the NBA is filled with athletic PGs. I think he will still be good this year distributing but I don't see him being an effective scorer yet in the league. Kind of ridiculous how much pressure is on him to, a lot of it put on by his Dad's big mouth.

It doesn't help him any that he was so hyped up and a lot of people got a little too excited about the Lakers. They're still really, really young and really, really bad. They're at Phoenix tonight. I'll be curious to see how they bounce back. Phoenix is trash, too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron