Uni combo for ttu

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A few reasons why I don't like them.
  1. Grey or anthracite isn't one of ISU's colors
  2. With this combo, there are no fewer than 5 colors on a player at any given time (Cardinal, Gold, White, Anthracite, Black undershirts). That is an incredible mess and an eye sore.
  3. Anthracite and cardinal do not go together. At all.
  4. It's not used anywhere else on the uniform.
I understand they're trying to build hype and generate buzz and get the younger crowd excited. But in my opinion, it looks like a hot mess.

Did you know that white isn't one of our colors either?!?! We wear that every week and even more so for away games!!

White, Gray, and Black are neutral accent colors. They don't have to be one of your official school colors to be used for uniforms.

The gray unis look awesome. Most people under 40 appreciate them and I'm pretty sure the players and recruits all like em.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
recruits love the anthracite, but this alumn does not

I acknowledge the unpopular opinion.

All cardinals for home and all whites away baby !

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Do you ever get tired of stating the same opinion on this over and over again? And on top of that having most people disagree with you? Has to be tiresome..
You're really offended by my opinion, aren't you? Just take a deep breath. Everything will be ok.

Did you know that white isn't one of our colors either?!?! We wear that every week and even more so for away games!!

White, Gray, and Black are neutral accent colors. They don't have to be one of your official school colors to be used for uniforms.

The gray unis look awesome. Most people under 40 appreciate them and I'm pretty sure the players and recruits all like em.
White is a natural accent color for every single team in the country. It can also be paired with nearly every color without clashing.

Anthracite is not a neutral color and it clashes with Cardinal.

I don't dislike the all Anthracite unis, this weekend's combo is just not great. Also, I'm pretty sure every time ISU has worn Anthracite in some form they've had unfavorable reviews on UniWatch.

Also, I'm not sure if this applies to athletics, but for those thinking there will be black jerseys next year:

Color is one of the most powerful ways a university can identify itself. Used consistently, the colors chosen to represent Iowa State create a strong identifying image. Conversely, some colors and color combinations can be confusing.

Colors associated with other public institutions, such as the one on the eastern side of the state, should not be used. Even though gold is one of Iowa State's primary colors, use of black and gold together should be avoided. Purple is not within any of Iowa State's color palettes and should never be used.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
  1. Anthracite and cardinal do not go together. At all

1. this look good to me.

981f987d60b1840cf712c9f84140a1c9--red-and-grey-wedding-groomsman-attire.jpg

Reactions: SiouxCityCyclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I actually think these combos for TT look pretty sweett, however, not sure this is the best game for it? TT is red and black, and we're wearing red and anthracite, which isn't much different.

Agreed. This was a game begging for gold or white.

If we have to do the gray, do them against somebody who does not use such a color or so many dark colors. Against WVU would have been perfect for this.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUtrashnibbla

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
You're really offended by my opinion, aren't you? Just take a deep breath. Everything will be ok.:

Your opinion doesn't bother me. I've just read the same thing from you about 100 times in the past 2 months about this topic is all. Just can't believe you care that much about a color on a uniform to spew the same thing over and over again. It's like you have a competition with yourself to see if each new post you make about it can get more dislikes than the last. Pretty comical actually, doesn't offend me one bit. Keep the post coming!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Pretty sure CW gave CMC some money because he new we would ***** and get more clicks.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Agreed. This was a game begging for gold or white.

If we have to do the gray, do them against somebody who does not use such a color or so many dark colors. Against WVU would have been perfect for this.

And TT also has some gray options in their uniform combos, don't they? So they could come out wearing R-G-G.... and we'll be R-W-G.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm not a huge fan of the all anthracite unis, but the anthracite pants with white tops absolutely work. The white helmets were better, but I still like these.

• Agree
Reactions: Redman97 and ATCy

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
And TT also has some gray options in their uniform combos, don't they? So they could come out wearing R-G-G.... and we'll be R-W-G.

I don't know but I imagine these schools at least talk to each other, if not directly coordinate. Maybe we will see white/black/white from Tech on Saturday.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
I like all of our pieces individually, but for me I wish they kept at least 2 of the 3 matching.
I like the anthracite on white, but the cardinal helmet kind of throws it off a little in my eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: NATEizKING and k123

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I don't know but I imagine these schools at least talk to each other, if not directly coordinate. Maybe we will see white/black/white from Tech on Saturday.

From the https://twitter.com/TTU_EQUIPMENT page it looks like they don't "announce" like ISU until Saturday, but I agree, I assume the equipment people know so you don't both end up with grey pants and red helmets.

Think they should've done white-white-gold or white-gold-white this week. I like the all grey enough; but if just one, I would prefer white-grey-white. I don't care for the grey-pants-only, think it looks dingy. Anyway, if they play well they'll look good!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
A few reasons why I don't like them.
  1. Grey or anthracite isn't one of ISU's colors
  2. With this combo, there are no fewer than 5 colors on a player at any given time (Cardinal, Gold, White, Anthracite, Black undershirts). That is an incredible mess and an eye sore.
  3. Anthracite and cardinal do not go together. At all.
  4. It's not used anywhere else on the uniform.
I understand they're trying to build hype and generate buzz and get the younger crowd excited. But in my opinion, it looks like a hot mess.

By that logic, we should never wear white - it's not an ISU color.

But but but white is a neutral color. Guess what? So is gray, and anthracite is the shade of gray we use.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Looks like Tech has worn a lot of white at home this year so far so I'm guessing they'll do more of a B/R/B or a B/R/R combo vs us. I see OKst also wore gray pants, white tops vs them. With their black helmets.