RECRUITING: Mike Rose commits

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Welcome to Ames young man. Way to go Coach Campbell!

Reactions: aauummm

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
He's got size, can move, looks like he just needs a few extra pounds from a year in the weightroom. Wonder if he camped much over the summer, could have an impact on his scholarship offers, but either way I think this dude could be a steal.

• Winner
Reactions: laytonz

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Three stars. Good size. Why not more offers for him?

Hopefully he ends up being a darkhorse recruit.
He doesn't look to be the most fluid of athletes in the highlight I saw of his junior year. As far as I'm concerned, if you can make the plays then I don't care how it looks. I saw something that said he was having a monster senior year so maybe he is just being overlooked.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, but can he play QB?

Seriously, nice to see that the staff made good use of their time in northeast Ohio for the Akron game to do some recruiting. Anybody know if the whole staff showed up. That would have been impactful.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they had their eyes on someone on the opposing team too. The Hudson program is very well-coached.

• Funny
Reactions: FredCyclone

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I always wonder why a recruit wouldn't jump at an offer from a service academy

That has to be a life changing experience, but the lose out to the Ball States and Northern Iowa's of the world

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I always wonder why a recruit wouldn't jump at an offer from a service academy

That has to be a life changing experience, but the lose out to the Ball States and Northern Iowa's of the world
Might be life changing but not everyone wants or needs that level of discipline in their lives or 4 years of service after school.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Might be life changing but not everyone wants or needs that level of discipline in their lives or 4 years of service after school.

But the level of person that you would interact with is amazing. No knock on Northern Iowa but I am not sure we've had a president come out of Cedar Falls

That ISU trip to Army was cool. Much more impressive than the Uni-dome even!

Reactions: cyfan21

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
But the level of person that you would interact with is amazing. No knock on Northern Iowa but I am not sure we've had a president come out of Cedar Falls

That ISU trip to Army was cool. Much more impressive than the Uni-dome even!
Maynard James Keenan went to West Point. He may be an outstanding person in many ways, but I don't think conservatives would agree with me lol.

I applied to the Air Force Academy out of high school for what its worth.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
That he has an Air Force offer speaks volumes about him. Welcome Mike! Great to have you as part of the Cyclone Family.

Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
This guy?

tenor.gif