PODCAST: Breaking down the Texas Tech matchup w/ Jeff Woody

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Nice job on the podcast. I think you guys are underselling the ISU defense, and their ability to take away what they want to do. TT is not going to score 35-40 points on ISU. ISU is probably not going to score 35-40 on TT. Yes, their pass defense is bad, but Kempt is not going to light them up for 500 yards either. Prediction: ISU 35-28.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Nice job on the podcast. I think you guys are underselling the ISU defense, and their ability to take away what they want to do. TT is not going to score 35-40 points on ISU. ISU is probably not going to score 35-40 on TT. Yes, their pass defense is bad, but Kempt is not going to light them up for 500 yards either. Prediction: ISU 35-28.
Couldn't it be argued that what they want to do is what we are designed to give teams?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Couldn't it be argued that what they want to do is what we are designed to give teams?

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. WVU sure figured something out in the second half last week and I'm not convinced that their defense is as good as ISU's now that KCM and the other starters on the back end are back to full speed.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
last two podcasts have both dropped out on my Android phone after about 8 minutes and reloading the page failed to bring the streams back -- i couldn't skip ahead either. a similar thing happened on my desktop PC at home with the last CFTV stream. anyone else have similar issues?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
last two podcasts have both dropped out on my Android phone after about 8 minutes and reloading the page failed to bring the streams back -- i couldn't skip ahead either. a similar thing happened on my desktop PC at home with the last CFTV stream. anyone else have similar issues?
I haven't had that problem but have you tried to download instead of streaming?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

this have been an ongoing issue with Chrome. Seems to work fine in Edge for me. I know they are aware of it, because it has been discussed several times before

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017

Mr. Williams says the problem should be fixed soon and he should know.

But just in case it doesn't go away for you, you might try deleting the relevant cookies. I haven't listened to enough podcasts to have had any problems on CF, but have had similar issues on other sites, and that was the fix....

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
This is the correct answer. There is no reason to listen "in browser", just download it and there won't be any issues. There is no advantage to streaming in browser, just a lot more things that can go wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

Yes, same problem. Podcasts just freeze up and I can't restart. Start over and it freezes up again the exact same spot.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
This is the correct answer. There is no reason to listen "in browser", just download it and there won't be any issues. There is no advantage to streaming in browser, just a lot more things that can go wrong.

Unless you're just jumping in your car for the commute home and want to be able to pull up a website and hit play.

Happy to see that the powers that be are aware and are working to fix it!

:agitated campbell emoji:

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Great podcast, Chris. I liked seeing Woody break down game film, in the previous one. Would like to see more of that and hopefully you have one lined up to break down game film for basketball season. Interested to see the new equipment you will be introducing.

• Agree
Reactions: cydline2cydline

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If this is the same problem I had in the past I just clicked past a couple seconds and it would resume. Hard for the guy driving home though.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008

Downloading has worked for me in the past, not now. Windows Media Player does not recognize the file type (.crdownload).

Also, when the file sticks, it sticks. I cannot click beyond the sticking point and get it to resume.

The podcast file name: "WOody-Pod-.mp3.crdownload" I eliminated ".crdownload" hoping to get a clean .MP3 file; didn't work, still won't play. Hope this info is helpful to those attempting to fix the issue.

More: Guess I'll try to download the file again and see if it fully downloads. Firefox was giving me trouble, received advice to switch to Chrome, guess that ain't the solution, either. . . .

https://www.lifewire.com/crdownload-file-2622705
by Tim Fisher
Updated March 15, 2017
A file with the CRDOWNLOAD file extension is a Chrome Partial Download file. Seeing one most likely means that the file isn't completely downloaded.

In other words, the partial download is due either to the fact that the file is still being downloaded by the Chrome browser or that the download process was interrupted and so it's only a partial, incomplete file.

Last edited:

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
So, Chrome browser isn't working correctly to play the podcast. And the downloading, via Chrome, isn't working correctly, either. What browser is working well for you guys that getting the podcast without difficulty. Guess I could use that for the podcasts only? (I really want to hear what Woody has to say.)

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Just tried IExplorer, more trouble. It requires a Windows Password. Didn't have a clue I needed one, or had one. SOL this avenue, too. Man. . . .

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I'm using ad blocker and it's working fine for me, streaming and downloads. Using my phone so it uses Google player.

Am downloading Google Play - Music for MP3. Any idea if this should work on my laptop? (That is, is this the app you're using?) Thanks much.