Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Random thought from today: those live songs they play on the radio--country or rock either one--are really annoying when they have the song lyric change to the local city they are performing in....e.g. "...in Cleveland...."....and the sound mixers ramp up the crowd scream response....so freaking stupid and boring.

Random observation: My grandparents-the greatest generation-- pinched pennies. Gen X I have long noticed will not even bend over to pick a penny up. This latest crop of wonderful gringos....Millenials I guess we call them....actually just throw pennies on the ground and at each other. I have witnessed it enough to make that generalization. Weird. Saw it today.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Random thought from today: those live songs they play on the radio--country or rock either one--are really annoying when they have the song lyric change to the local city they are performing in....e.g. "...in Cleveland...."....and the sound mixers ramp up the crowd scream response....so freaking stupid and boring.
I agree about changing the song lyrics when you listen to the song. However, I usually enjoy it when bands do it when I'm at the concert. Also, when the city is already part of the song and it is played in concert at that city, it does sound pretty organic and cool.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
th

Is that a young Jared uthoff?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Random observation: My grandparents-the greatest generation-- pinched pennies. Gen X I have long noticed will not even bend over to pick a penny up. This latest crop of wonderful gringos....Millenials I guess we call them....actually just throw pennies on the ground and at each other. I have witnessed it enough to make that generalization. Weird. Saw it today.

Holy over generalization batman! Also have you ever actually watched someone pinch their pennies?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I concur. I spent a summer mapping soils with a partner who was around 6'5". He would step over the fences while I would run back & forth trying to find a place to climb through. :)

Growing up hunting in Iowa, crossing fences was like getting in and out of a vehicle. Of course, there was always the occasional poke......and for guys, that can be scary.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Damn thought my house was going to catch on fire last night. Half the lights went ultra bright and flickering like a strobe while the other half turned into like a 10 watt bulb. Shut the whole place down. Electric company came out and the grounding nut had worked loose on the transformer. So now all is well. Only victim seems to be one of those multi plug in power strips for plugging multiple things into.

BC, beans are done some corn out, waiting for the rest to dry down some more.

Edit also lost some of those fancy led lights, the old fashioned filament ones that I was using came through just fine. Put most of those fancy bulbs in this summer sure as heck didn't get my moneys worth out of them. But still way better than burning my house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron