Monte signs two-way deal with Denver

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Can't hurt Monte's situation with the Nuggets right?

I suppose not, but there's still plenty of competition for minutes there - Mudiay, the Jamal Murray experiment, and Harris will play mostly off ball but he might get some spot duty at PG. And so much of Denver's offense is going to run through Jokic and Millsap in the halfcourt that it's hard to tell how big a role the PG will even have.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I thought that was to clear room for Richard Jefferson. I just skimmed though

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy and GTO

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I suppose not, but there's still plenty of competition for minutes there - Mudiay, the Jamal Murray experiment, and Harris will play mostly off ball but he might get some spot duty at PG. And so much of Denver's offense is going to run through Jokic and Millsap in the halfcourt that it's hard to tell how big a role the PG will even have.

Also, they’ll like Will Barton to initiate the offense as well.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Yeah, I wonder if that Monty Morris guy is any good.

I think I've heard of that guy... He's a selfish player, right? Never passes?

I know of most NFL skill players. I probably know 5% of NBA players, if that.

Last edited:

Clon3

Mar 24, 2014
Monte won't play much, if at all, for the Nuggets this year. Two-way contracts are designed so the player can't spend more than 45 days on the official roster. If the player doesn't get called up at all they only make $75K too.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte was not dressed for the Nuggets' opener, at least according to the box score.

Since the Nuggets are one of the few NBA teams without a G-league affiliate, I hope that where he ends up playing this year gives him quality time to develop. Seems less than ideal.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly Nuggets were a bad landing spot for him. However, if he's good enough he'll stick. Regardless he'll always have a place in Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron