OK - who wins the game on Sept. 9th ?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
We have 3 wins over teams with winning records. One of only 10 teams to have done so.

Don't believe LSU or NC State has 3 wins vs teams with winning records.
Iowa's are vs No Texas, Wyoming, & ISU

For comparison. Wash St won vs Boise St, Oregon, & USC. GA vs ND, Miss St, & App St. Mich St vs IA, MN, Michigan. TCU vs WVU, Ok St, & SMU. USC vs Utah, Cal, Stanford, Texas.
Alabama's are vs T A&M, Colo St, & Fresno St.

But yet, in another thread you yourself downplayed your opponents.
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/on-to-football-season.216975/page-72#post-5874115

What? Those are the 2nd and 3rd worst teams we have played. That would be like saying ISU SOS is buoyed by UNI and Akron.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Sagarin is a joke. The AP says we are a much better team. And anyone with eyes and common sense can see we are better.
If Sagarin is a Joke why have isu fans been so obsessed with his SOS? Must be the myth I have been saying it was.

Good job out of you 1976.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Finishing AP polls are awesome! Love the 5 that Iowa has over the last 15 years!
Your backpedaling in this thread has logged more miles than my 2005 car.

Please continue arguing about dips***ted semantics and goalpost-moving, though. It's giving the rest of us brain cancer, but that may be for the best in the long run.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So Iowa finished tied for 13th in your go to metric, the one you said "I feel the average of 42 is way more correct than just any one metric." so please stop with this top 10 nonsense

Iowa has 5 AP top 10 finishes over the last 15 years!! #BigTime!

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Week 7 yeah, that is pretty irrelevant. Final poll is fine. Said it like 3 or 4 times now.

So the AP poll is irrelevant during the season but the final poll is relevant and the Massey composite rankings are relevant during the season but the final poll is irrelevant?

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
So the AP poll is irrelevant during the season but the final poll is relevant and the Massey composite rankings are relevant during the season but the final poll is irrelevant?
As Monte Morris would say “everybody knows isu has never been relevant in college football.”

Tell us something we don’t know cy Twins.

• Winner

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

OK so you think the AP poll is irrelevant during the season but the final poll is relevant and the Massey composite rankings are relevant during the season but the final poll is irrelevant.

Not going to lie, that makes you sound really dumb lol

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
OK so you think the AP poll is irrelevant during the season but the final poll is relevant and the Massey composite rankings are relevant during the season but the final poll is irrelevant.

The only dumb thing here is you regurgitating this over and over-derp

Reactions: rholtgraves

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

The AP poll and Massey composite were a whopping 4 spots different on Iowa’s rankings in 2015. If you think this is some massive difference that is on you.

These things balance by the end of the year. Right now Massey can have big differences from the AP. For instance Iowa is #22 by all the Metrics and WVU is like #29, LSU #32 and Tech #33. Don’t worry the AP will correct by the end of the year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The AP poll and Massey composite were a whopping 4 spots different on Iowa’s rankings in 2015. If you think this is some massive difference that is on you.

These things balance by the end of the year. Right now Massey can have big differences from the AP. For instance Iowa is #22 by all the Metrics and WVU is like #29, LSU #32 and Tech #33. Don’t worry the AP will correct by the end of the year.

But you've said over and over you prefer Massey over the AP but then you reference the AP in 2015 instead of Massey. You can't have it both ways, pick a side.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
But you've said over and over you prefer Massey over the AP but then you reference the AP in 2015 instead of Massey. You can't have it both ways, pick a side.

I have clarified like 4-5 times now. The AP is fine by the end of the year. Massey Is usually way better during the season.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So you think the final AP poll, one metric, is better than the final Massey poll which consists of over 40 metrics?

Nope, never said that. I think both are ok by the end of the year. I don’t think one is very reliable during the year. Of course you will always have outliers. It doesn’t matter that the AP has Iowa outside the top 25, and Massey has them at 22. The season will play out and if the 2 rankings are within 4 spots of each other at the end, that is virtually the same thing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope, never said that. I think both are ok by the end of the year. I don’t think one is very reliable during the year. Of course you will always have outliers. It doesn’t matter that the AP has Iowa outside the top 25, and Massey has them at 22. The season will play out and if the 2 rankings are within 4 spots of each other at the end, that is virtually the same thing.

OK which do you prefer, the final AP poll or the final Massey poll?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
OK which do you prefer, the final AP poll or the final Massey poll?

If they are within 4 spots, both are very acceptable.

For instance the final Massey Composite rating and AP top 25 last year had all the teams within 4 spots of each other, outside of one team.

Like I keep telling you, the AP corrects, and the Massey composites and AP are similar by the end of the year. All these week 7 stuff is silly. I don’t care that the AP has Iowa outside the top 25 and Massey has them at #22, and more than 4 spots different. It will correct by the end of the year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If they are within 4 spots, both are very acceptable.

For instance the final Massey Composite rating and AP top 25 last year had all the teams within 4 spots of each other, outside of one team.

Like I keep telling you, the AP corrects, and the Massey composites and AP are similar by the end of the year. All these week 7 stuff is silly. I don’t care that the AP has Iowa outside the top 25 and Massey has them at #22, and more than 4 spots different. It will correct by the end of the year.

But if the AP and Massey have one team more than 4 spots apart who is your preferred metric?