Keeping Campbell

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
You're welcome to join my group who believes Matt Campbell will be successful and stays at Iowa State until decides to call it quits! It's got to be in the last chapter of 'The Process'.
I'll look it up tonight, but don't recall seeing it. I do know there is a section somewhat similar to the constitution of the us that allows for revisions of any chapter on a vote of 1 by CMC. Heck, it's his book.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm going to post what I posted in the gameday thread:

All you can do is offer him the $$$. If he decides he wants to elsewhere, there's nothing you can do. Hell - what he's doing at ISU, he kind of deserves to coach wherever he wants, and I'm not going to blame him or hate him (unless it's a Big 12 team or Iowa).

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I don't see him going anywhere except Ohio State.

So until Urben moves on, I think he's ours. No point is building a successful program here and jumping ship to a Tennessee, Nebraska, Arkansas and risking his coaching career over 4-5 more years of being here. Mediocre at Iowa State is seen as super successful across the nation, 7 wins at those 3 programs isn't good enough.

• Agree
Reactions: HoopsTournament

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
That being said, he's a top 5 coach in the Big 12 and deserves to be paid as so.

I really don't think a 2 year contract worth $7 million would be that big of a deal.

• Agree
Reactions: IceCyIce

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Kirk is going back and forth with Des Moines media on Twitter saying CMC is already gone. Let's wait until the end of the season Kirk.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Generally respect him, but what a stupid freaking take. To say he is guaranteed to leave is stupid.
My thoughts exactly. I was really excited at the possibility of him and Gameday coming to Ames but his tweet comes across as petty like he has something out for ISU. Who has tweets like this about coaches midway through the season after having a 3-9 season?

• Agree
Reactions: State43

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Herbstreit lives in Tennessee where they have been talking about who their next coach will be literally since the third week of the season. He’s a product of his surroundings right now.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
I will worry about the coach leaving in the off season. I am going to enjoy this season and hoping the clones can finish this season strong and a bowl win.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Unless Kirk knows something it’s on the verge of unprofessional imo. How hard is it to make a qualifier?

It’s always humorous in how quickly opinions become facts when Hines agrees with the opinion, otherwise he’s the champion of second guessing.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
If CMC was to leave after this season, ISU would really struggle to get players. We would have earned a reputation as a step stool for coaches. What player would want to play for a team whose coaches immediately leave upon any level of success.

Regarding Herbstreit, what a douche. Why is he so hell bent on other schools hiring CMC away from ISU. Why not tweet about the places CMC could take ISU with a lon career rather than the places CMC could go without ISU? What happened to cheering for the underdog? What happened to Cinderella stories? It sounds to me like he wants any success for the historical mediocre/bad teams to get back in their place and let the “big boys” show us how it’s done.

Boycott Herbstreit

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron