Paul Shirley: Not Surprisingly continues to be critical of Eustachy.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
Maybe you guys already heard this but I listened to a Paul Shirley interview today and as always had some interesting things to say about the program. It was cool to hear he had a lot of fun at the alumni reunion this summer but he also had a comment that went something like, "he is just not a good person," when referring to Eustachy. Not totally surprised with it but interesting to hear that grudge still exists.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that reunion...

Interview link:
https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com...ries-he-tells-on-dates-free-audiobook-preview

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Schwartz.gif

amestoplease

Jan 30, 2012
lay off him, he's just upset that he never got a basketball card made of him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 6.39.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 6.39.07 PM.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Angie and Lamoni

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
People change. I know it is hard to believe....but I was a pretty bad person once. I hope I am better now. We all pay for our sins. Maybe it is the optimist in me trying to break through.......but I bet Larry is a good guy now and I hope that Jamaal Tinsley might be a better citizen.
All the above applies...except for Kansas Jayhawk fans and players. They are always evil.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's sort of sad that when your criticism of your former coach becomes what you are known for, that you let it define you by forever dwelling on the subject.

I think it was important that Shirley tell everyone what it was like behind the scenes as the House of Larry tumbled. I don't think he realizes that the more he dwells on it, the more people identify him only through that story line.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
People change. I know it is hard to believe....but I was a pretty bad person once. I hope I am better now. We all pay for our sins. Maybe it is the optimist in me trying to break through.......but I bet Larry is a good guy now and I hope that Jamaal Tinsley might be a better citizen.
All the above applies...except for Kansas Jayhawk fans and players. They are always evil.
That might be the most lucid comment I've ever read from you.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The interview I heard from Jake was that he couldn't stand Eustachy and never wanted to go to practice, but realized later how much he grew up because of the experience. He said something to the effect of, Paul is just trying to sell books.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jake said that on the Jake/Jess segment on Monday nights during basketball season.

• Agree
Reactions: urb1

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
He was a polarizing figure...Larry did some stupid things. I think Fred and now Steve are big upgrades. Paul should try to live by the Maxim if you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say anything at all.