Media Day

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love the new unis. They look great.

I hope people are patient with this team.

I hope Wigginton can be a physical guard, a la Stinson.

You can still run and space and crash the boards. I don't think we can play like we have for the last few years and have success. I think with Lard and Young, we need to become a Frank Martin crash the boards type team.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Sometime in recent months, I recall CSP saying that iSu's style of play is not going to change. Running, spacing. . . . He was adamant about that.

It may not change in terms of running and spacing, but it's likely to be more twos and less threes (and more free throws) coming from the same sets. That's fine too, as part of the reason that we saw so many runs, both ways, is the streaky nature of a 3 based offense.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
What? That is way more than I've been thinking. I thought this would be a slower more defensive and rebound minded team. I wonder who the guys are that he's thinking will lead us to that level of scoring.
It was media day.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Prohm strikes you as a guy that blows smoke up everyone's ass? Not sure I remember him doing that.
On media day, yes, just a touch of smoke. I'm not naive.

I'm sure he wants to get to 80, and maybe he can, but that doesn't mean he'd bet on it.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
There's always a surefire way to get to 80, I doubt Prohm wants to go the Fran route though.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
There's always a surefire way to get to 80, I doubt Prohm wants to go the Fran route though.

theres-always-money-in-the-banana-stand.gif

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Sometime in recent months, I recall CSP saying that iSu's style of play is not going to change. Running, spacing. . . . He was adamant about that.
Prohm and company know more about this than I but I have a hard time imagining space and pace with Lard and Young on the floor at the same time. Maybe it's just that we've seen so much small ball in recent years with just one "big" on the floor at once.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Young Cameron looks fit and jacked and I look forward to seeing him go to work in the paint ... but I bet at some point in his life, a coach has yelled "Move it, Lard ***" at him.

(Also, I'm not a huge fan of the stripes on the side of the jersey; they almost make it look like and animal print.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
On media day, yes, just a touch of smoke. I'm not naive.

I'm sure he wants to get to 80, and maybe he can, but that doesn't mean he'd bet on it.
Agree. I'm just surprised because he didn't have to bring that number up at all. That must be something they think they can at least shoot for.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Young Cameron looks fit and jacked and I look forward to seeing him go to work in the paint ... but I bet at some point in his life, a coach has yelled "Move it, Lard ***" at him.

(Also, I'm not a huge fan of the stripes on the side of the jersey; they almost make it look like and animal print.)
I think that you are basing it off of the "animal print" look in the background, but it just looks like that because the shorts and jersey's are directly next to each other

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Agree. I'm just surprised because he didn't have to bring that number up at all. That must be something they think they can at least shoot for.

To me it sounded like his goal is always 80, no matter what team/personnel he has. Not necessarily an assessment of this team, but a number he throws out there every preseason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron