2017 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Watching that NLCS game last night felt a little like watching the Rose Bowl a couple years ago. We weren't playing in it but it felt good to see the other team get its *** kicked. A four pitch walk to to the pitcher with the bases loaded was like Christian McCaffery putting someone in black and gold on skates for the 20th time.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Watching that NLDS game last night felt a little like watching the Rose Bowl a couple years ago. We weren't playing in it but it felt good to see the other team get its *** kicked. A four pitch walk to to the pitcher with the bases loaded was like Christian McCaffery putting someone in black and gold on skates for the 20th time.
Except unlike the 2015 season, ISU didn't get their assess handed to them by Iowa like the Cardinals did to the Cubs this year.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Except unlike the 2015 season, ISU didn't get their assess handed to them by Iowa like the Cardinals did to the Cubs this year.

Umm... OK? The Cardinals were 5-14 against the Cubs this year. The Cyclones lost by two touchdowns to the Hawks in 2015. If that makes you feel better so be it.

I thought the comparison was apt when I saw fans at Wrigley last night that looked just like the Hawks ABC showed at the Rose Bowl that year. Almost a shot for shot remake, just with blue clothes instead of black. They were probably mostly the same people too - Naperville natives who went to Iowa and cheer for the Cubs since 2015.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Umm... OK? The Cardinals were 5-14 against the Cubs this year. The Cyclones lost by two touchdowns to the Hawks in 2015. If that makes you feel better so be it.

I thought the comparison was apt when I saw fans at Wrigley last night that looked just like the Hawks ABC showed at the Rose Bowl that year. Almost a shot for shot remake, just with blue clothes instead of black. They were probably mostly the same people too - Naperville natives who went to Iowa and cheer for the Cubs since 2015.
ISU was at least up at half in that game before getting shutout in the second half. The Cardinals constantly sucked against the Cubs. Going 5-14 against a Division team is about as equivalent to losing 45-0 against a conference team.

• Funny
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
ISU was at least up at half in that game before getting shutout in the second half. The Cardinals constantly sucked against the Cubs. Going 5-14 against a Division team is about as equivalent to losing 45-0 against a conference team.

Now this reminds me of the misdirected anger of Hawks down 35-0 at halftime (or 3-0 in the NLCS?). Shh, it's OK... it'll all be over soon.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Now this reminds me of the misdirected anger of Hawks down 35-0 at halftime (or 3-0 in the NLCS?). Shh, it's OK... it'll all be over soon.

Nah no misdirected anger. My anger is definitely going to the right places with what the Cubs are doing. However, it's easy to redirect your joy in the Cubs suck when you won 5 of 19 games against the Cubs this year, and you have been a rather pathetic opponent for the last two plus. However, if it wasn't for your pathetic showing against the Cubs this year, we probably would be sitting at home watching the NLCS just like you, so thanks for that at least.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron