TCU Game Time

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If ISU beats Tech it'll be an ABC game.
If Northwestern beats that team out east, I think that game goes on ABC over us. Even UCLA vs Washington is likely to get more eye balls if UCLA wins this weekend. I think the only way ISU is on ABC is if NW and UCLA lose, and ISU wins.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Temperature forecast for the TCU game at roughly the end of the game...guaranteed to change over the next 12 days or so, but it is something to watch as we get closer...TCU would not like this...will need to stock up on anti-freeze for the tailgates if it turns out to be true...

View attachment 50838

Man... that sucks.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If Northwestern beats that team out east, I think that game goes on ABC over us. Even UCLA vs Washington is likely to get more eye balls if UCLA wins this weekend. I think the only way ISU is on ABC is if NW and UCLA lose, and ISU wins.

ABC does 2:30 regional games as well. Iowa State could be on ABC regionally and on one of the ESPN's outside the region. So technically UCLA and Iowa State could both play on ABC.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
ABC does 2:30 regional games as well. Iowa State could be on ABC regionally and on one of the ESPN's outside the region. So technically UCLA and Iowa State could both play on ABC.

This.

They could use the reverse mirror. ISU would be on ABC in the midwest and maybe some other portions of the country and the regions that they are not on ABC they would be on ESPN2.

The channel is usually released late Saturday night or Sunday AM in this situation.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

This.

They could use the reverse mirror. ISU would be on ABC in the midwest and maybe some other portions of the country and the regions that they are not on ABC they would be on ESPN2.

The channel is usually released late Saturday night or Sunday AM in this situation.

I dont think they do the regional games or reverse mirrors anymore. With Fox buying up a lot of their crop, there are not as many games from ESPN/ABC to choose from anymore.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I dont think they do the regional games or reverse mirrors anymore. With Fox buying up a lot of their crop, there are not as many games from ESPN/ABC to choose from anymore.

There are still 3 games for the ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 slots.

That is how the reverse mirrors always worked, there would not be a 4th game to choose from.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
There are still 3 games for the ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 slots.

That is how the reverse mirrors always worked, there would not be a 4th game to choose from.

Yes, and if you look at broadcast schedules for this year, they have not utilized reverse mirrors or regional games. I dont think they did last year either. Those are a thing of the past, it appears.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I'm pretty sure they still do but not on a weekly basis like they use to. Either way, all three of those games are going to be on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN 2. Disney isn't gaining or losing a game, they are just managing the delivery platform to maximize eyeballs.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, and if you look at broadcast schedules for this year, they have not utilized reverse mirrors or regional games. I dont think they did last year either. Those are a thing of the past, it appears.

If I remember right, they have utilized the mirror model when they go to 1 week scheduling.

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
Hell a couple people ahead of us managed to sneak in a giant bottle of fireball. Then made no attempts to hide it as multiple folks took hits off of it. :D
There are some folks a couple rows in front of us that have openly drank (Busch Light, Fireball) at every game this year until security took it away at the KU game. So, can you sneak it in? Probably. But I would advise to keep it somewhat discreet when partaking

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

What is a "reverse mirror?" Hope it isn't creepy!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
What is a "reverse mirror?" Hope it isn't creepy!
When ABC does regional coverage for College Football (two games usually at the same time slot), if your game falls in their coverage map you can watch your game on ABC. If your games does not fall in the coverage map you can watch it on ESPN2. Essentially your game is still nationally televised but you may be on ESPN2 if you are out of the market.

Here is a sample coverage map.

11-19-16-Florida-State-@-Syracuse-2.jpg

11-19-16-Texas-@-Kansas.jpg

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
11 days out it looks like the weather will be partly cloudy with a high of 50....

Hoping that projection jumps up to mid-50's.
Temps are trending in the right direction (warmer) for fan enjoyment...would be nice to enjoy a full day of homecoming/tailgating without the bulky coats and/or rain gear.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron