MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
$40 million to find a starting pitcher, 2 relievers, and a consistent corner outfielder.
Believe they have close to 70 million coming off the books. Now granted you have to replace Arrieta & probably Wade Davis and then also load up big-time on number of bullpen arms. I'd be fine with a couple changes in line-up as well.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Or a genius for telling his pitcher who he won't have next year to stand on the plate with the bags full against a pitcher who has the opposite of ice in his veins.

Edwards, Jr. showed the opposite of courage during the Darvish at bat. Just wow. The Cubs are shrinking back into a shell of themselves this series.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If I honestly had to guess, Maddon has been wanting to see if Edwards could be our closer next year. Strop has been so much better this postseason and unlike Edwards isn't unpredictable. But Maddon keeps going back to him.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
If I honestly had to guess, Maddon has been wanting to see if Edwards could be our closer next year. Strop has been so much better this postseason and unlike Edwards isn't unpredictable. But Maddon keeps going back to him.

Edwards answered that all right....a big fat NO.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You're missing an "i" in there, I think.

It would be more enjoyable than watching this **** offense that much I know.

Can we please unban Bode so I can at least get some pleasure in knowing he has to keep his Cubs avatar for a year?

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Have the Cubs set a post season record for walks yet?

The Cubs pen needs to dance less, focus more. Have fun, yes, but they are obviously not ready to pitch when they come into the game. 20% less strikes thrown in first pitches than the Dodgers pen. That says something.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneinWDSM