Will we win another game this year without Park starting?

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I want kempt to keep kicking @$$ as much as the next guy... but I'm leaning more twards,he played The game of his life against OU... Kansas is god awful, and I have no idea what to expect going forward... he could stink from here on out and CMC was just trying to give kempt confidence with all the consistency coach speak... we will see.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
493.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Im ok with Kempt considering the weapons around him. I'd be more worried at this point if we lost Ray Lima or Cotton Moya, than moving forward without Park.

Lima is the most stout dude we've had on the interior D-line in seemingly ages. Ruempolhomer was pretty good at holding up at the point of attack, but it just seems that Lima can't be moved off his spot.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Has Jacob Park run out of gas? Is that what you're asking?

I don't know why, but this thread oozes with bad karma. We've seen this type of thread before (OP gets annihilated) then turns out to be right.
Rhoads out of gas
UNI doesn't deserve to be on the field with us
Drake favored in bball
Park suspended?

I'm overly superstitious sometimes

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Tech and the remaining teams will have some challenges game planning against the ISU offense...I'm sure they mainly will plan against Kempt, but you gotta think Tech is remembering last year and Lanning...and at the back of their heads is the Park thought...what if he shows up. I like the uncertainty that the teams have to consider (and only have 6 days to plan against). Nice to have a bit of an advantage for a change.

This is a really good point. Lanning owned TT defense last year, He ran around them, through them and passed over him.

This year they get to see him on both sides of the ball.

Too bad the entire team couldn't come out wearing #7, that would be hilarious.

Reactions: NWICY

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I don't know why, but this thread oozes with bad karma. We've seen this type of thread before (OP gets annihilated) then turns out to be right.
Rhoads out of gas
Drake favored in bball
Park suspended?

Its an ISU thing, you get kick in the jewels enough, they begin to hurt at just the sign of a boot.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Rhoads out of gas
Drake favored in bball
Park suspended?

It is pretty hilarious the guy that made the Rhoads out of gas thread is still mocked and roasted to this day, yet he was completely right.

Will we win with Kempt again? Yes we will. Kempt isn't flashy, but he does the right things and plays smart.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I want kempt to keep kicking @$$ as much as the next guy... but I'm leaning more twards,he played The game of his life against OU... Kansas is god awful, and I have no idea what to expect going forward... he could stink from here on out and CMC was just trying to give kempt confidence with all the consistency coach speak... we will see.
I don't think he played the game of his life, but he benefited from Stoops poor coaching and his teammates playing very well.

Our offense really struggled against KU and it wasn't just the weather. Our OLine is my primary concern. They routinely got whipped against KU and it bothered Kempt some. We're going to need to counter teams overwhelming the line and stopping DM. Can Kempt throw those tough passes?

• Funny
Reactions: ComCY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Depends the Oline and the defense continuing to play well.

It's weird that people don't get that.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Rhoads out of gas
Drake favored in bball
Park suspended?

Wanna borrow my tin foil hat and matching nut cup?

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I don't think he played the game of his life, but he benefited from Stoops poor coaching and his teammates playing very well.

Our offense really struggled against KU and it wasn't just the weather. Our OLine is my primary concern. They routinely got whipped against KU and it bothered Kempt some. We're going to need to counter teams overwhelming the line and stopping DM. Can Kempt throw those tough passes?
No chance it could have been just a "play down to their level" situation? Not saying it was or wasn't, but it's difficult to gage how good any team is when they're playing Kansas.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
No chance it could have been just a "play down to their level" situation? Not saying it was or wasn't, but it's difficult to gage how good any team is when they're playing Kansas.
Perhaps, but we did so more than most. The Oline has a long ways to go imo, particularly if they're facing a compressed field.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
While KU as a whole is crap, they have two potential all Big 12 D-linemen that play really well...plus they were stacking the line to stop the run and make Kempt throw down the field. We didn't do that much as we didn't need to as was reflected in the 45-0 final score. Look for the playbook to open wider this week.

As for ISU fans being negative...Stockholm syndrome set in long ago...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I doubt Stoops had anything to do with OU's game plan... OU was dominant to start the game and was up 14-0 in the blink of an eye. This wasn't your typical playing down to an opponent or and under dog getting multiple breaks. We flat out beat OU for 3 straight quarters.

It may not have been raining the entire game but the field conditions certainly came into play and changed the way we attacked KU on offense. Kempt only threw the ball 20 times against a really bad secondary and I can guarantee you that wasn't going to be the game plan in better conditions.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I doubt Stoops had anything to do with OU's game plan... OU was dominant to start the game and was up 14-0 in the blink of an eye. This wasn't your typical playing down to an opponent or and under dog getting multiple breaks. We flat out beat OU for 3 straight quarters.

It may not have been raining the entire game but the field conditions certainly came into play and changed the way we attacked KU on offense. Kempt only threw the ball 20 times against a really bad secondary and I can guarantee you that wasn't going to be the game plan in better conditions.

You don't think the defensive coordinator had anything to do with the gameplan?

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy