Depth Chart at Texas Tech

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I can't get over how smallish our back 7 is on defense. We have to be one of the smaller/lightest back 7 in all of P5. But they are getting the job done so far

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Johnson did play a ton in the second half - and well.

However, when we go with 3 down linemen, even with Enyi moved to the outside, there just aren't a ton of snaps in the middle. In that formation, Lima is clearly the '1' and needs to play a majority of the snaps, and Trent is clearly the '2', and was playing really well next to Lima before the switch. So Tonga and Johnson are both vying for 3rd string snaps, basically.
Agree, not a lot of snaps for several promising players. But imo Lima and Trent did not gain much out there 31-0 with a couple minutes left in the 3rd.

Last edited:

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Tech must be motivated and seeking revenge, after they got thrashed last year 66-10.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Tech must be motivated and seeking revenge, after they got thrashed last year 66-10.

Honestly, I would like for their defense to be pissed because of last year. They are more likely to be unfocused and get burned or penalties.

I also like the way CMC has this team tuned in to these road games this year. Business trip!

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly, I would like for their defense to be pissed because of last year. They are more likely to be unfocused and get burned or penalties.

I also like the way CMC has this team tuned in to these road games this year. Business trip!

I really don't know what to expect from this game, Tech is good, they have a defence and running game this year. They have put up big offense numbers in their previous games. But ISU beat OU on the road. It is really hard to predict who will win this game, especially with vegas making Tech only a 6 point favorite at home.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I would like to see both Tongamoa and Johnson get more snaps. I thought initially that Tongamoa would be playing more in this part of the season but the 3 man front and the play of Trent has kept that from happening. I want just 1 series this season to see Tongamoa and Lima on the interior together and just wreck the offensive line of the other team.
I want to see the staff stick with the guys they have used. The DL, especially the interior DL have been a strength so why on earth play a guy that is behind Lima, Trent Uwazurike and Johnson.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I bet this has been discussed somewhere but does anybody know if Jonny Lang has seen the field at all other than a couple plays at the beginning of the year? Are we trying to red shirt him now too?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I know Leo played on kickoff in the first couple of games and I wondered what had happened to him as of late. Is the medical RS a given based on his play time?
Well he hasn’t used a redshirt yet and he didn’t play over 30% of the season. If football is like basketball he should be able to apply for it and get one.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I want to see the staff stick with the guys they have used. The DL, especially the interior DL have been a strength so why on earth play a guy that is behind Lima, Trent Uwazurike and Johnson.
Because you're up 31-0 in the 3rd.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I really don't know what to expect from this game, Tech is good, they have a defence and running game this year. They have put up big offense numbers in their previous games. But ISU beat OU on the road. It is really hard to predict who will win this game, especially with vegas making Tech only a 6 point favorite at home.

They do have a defense... meaning they physically put one on the field. But they give up 31ppg and 430ypg...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171017-212900.png
    Screenshot_20171017-212900.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Funny
Reactions: FredCyclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I would like to see both Tongamoa and Johnson get more snaps. I thought initially that Tongamoa would be playing more in this part of the season but the 3 man front and the play of Trent has kept that from happening. I want just 1 series this season to see Tongamoa and Lima on the interior together and just wreck the offensive line of the other team.

Get more snaps at the expense of which starting DT?

• Agree
Reactions: tazclone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
They do have a defense... meaning they physically put one on the field. But they give up 31ppg and 430ypg...

Statistically they are better than they have been, especially against the run. On the other hand they gave up 29 unanswered point in the late part of last weeks game.

CloneConer

Apr 15, 2016
I'm usually down for getting players some development snaps, but I also want the starters to get some "finishing games" snaps.

• Winner
Reactions: tazclone