Flea Market Find

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Picked these up for $10 at a flea market recently, but the seller couldn't tell me much about them. My guess is they're stadium seats/seatbacks from way back, but I haven't uncovered anything specifically online. One has Walking Cy on the cushion and the other has the same logo on the backside of the backrest. They fold down and appear to have once had some kind of attachment on the bottom.

Can anyone tell me anymore about these? Either way, they're a cool find, by my standards - plan to install them in a future iteration of my man cave. isu chair 1.jpg isu chair 2.jpg isu chair 3.jpg isu chair 4.jpg

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
They were sold retail. People could take them into the stadium (or high school game) and use them to sit on. The "hook" would fold down so they didn't slide off the back of the bleacher.

• Winner
Reactions: CycoCyclone

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
That brings back memories. As mentioned, you used to be able to take them into the stadium with you.

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
They’re dirty

True, but I'm not sure what I can do to remedy that without risking damage to the already-ripped cushions or the logos. The undersides are obviously in rough shape, too, but I'm less concerned about that for displaying them somewhere. Not like I plan to use 'em...

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They were sold retail. People could take them into the stadium (or high school game) and use them to sit on. The "hook" would fold down so they didn't slide off the back of the bleacher.

You must have a double major in Business and Engineering.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I had a couple of those, before JTS offered seatbacks on the benches

Carried them in every game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron