Visiting Allen Fieldhouse for the first time

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
It's really cool place. Hope you enjoy your visit. If I can snag tix cheap or free, I will be there. I got lucky last year and scored free ticket which turned out to be ah-mazing.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I went 2 years ago. Fun game. Can’t imagine how great it would have been this year! I was surprised at how you could just enter at court level to look around and how the players have to enter from the concourse too.

I bought tickets on stub hub, and now get daily emails from the Kansas AD which is annoying. And I got a call last year from my “guide” who was interested in me donating to Kansas.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I went 2 years ago. Fun game. Can’t imagine how great it would have been this year! I was surprised at how you could just enter at court level to look around and how the players have to enter from the concourse too.

I bought tickets on stub hub, and now get daily emails from the Kansas AD which is annoying. And I got a call last year from my “guide” who was interested in me donating to Kansas.

Agreed the emails are annoying.

If you want a similar experience and dont want to go to Lawrence, just go to a old high school gym that has the heat on way too high, sit with about 20 people on a bench that probably legally should sit 10, and blare loud music in your ears and you can probably replicate the experience.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Did you donate? I hear their football team needs some help.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Just wanted to make sure I was getting the joke and not waaayyy off haha. Only drove through once, although i was pleasantly surprised by the setup they had downtown, being along the river and all

No, you got it. Luckily, my backdoor neighbor is an OSU guy so I can talk Big 12 football. Other than that, everyone wants me to commit to being an Auburn or Alabama guy.

Reactions: srjclone

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Went a couple seasons ago for a Big Monday game there. We literally had the worst seats in the house (top level in one of the corners). We basically had to stand on the bleachers the entire game because we had two guys that were probably like 6-10 sitting in front of us (not exaggerating), and as a result my brother had to like contort his body to see the game because there were like poles and stuff at head level. From that aspect it sucked obviously.

But like CyTwins said, if you're a college basketball fan you need to go there, it's pretty impressive if you can set aside your hatred of Kansas Basketball for 2.5 hours.

Kansas still must be destroyed, though.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It's been awhile but I thought it was a bit of a dump and smaller than expected, but maybe it was the 16,000 hayseeds. A good time nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to Mizzou Arena for the first time in 13 years. Damn, where does the time go...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron