Kempt is great...but....

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Campbell has done so many things to position this program for success, it's hard to list them all. But on the list, has to be the way he went out in the free agent market right after he was hired and pulled in Park and Kempt to re-stock that depleted QB room. Both Park and Kempt had legit D1 offers coming out of high school and both had fallen on hard times. It's no accident we had a viable alternative when adversity struck. Based on what I've seen from both Park and Kempt, Campbell was correct in his judgement that either of these two guys can play QB competitively in the Big XII. I've enjoyed watching them both play the position and am comfortable with either one (when healthy). We're in the middle of something special this season. So many people stepping up (including defense and special teams). There isn't inordinate pressure on the QB in this program right now. All he has to do is take care of the ball, do his job and get the ball to the best playmakers we've had in a long time. Can't wait for Saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: DrT and algonacy

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Absolutely! If you could go back to CPR's last atrocious loss, or to the first day CMC was hired, wouldn't you agree that the greatest single increment of improvement would be if you could somehow subtract or extract everything stupid, dumb, and silly without losing ANY favorable attribute? THEN - each and any upgrade - no matter how small - would yield noticeable and REAL results! THAT is exactly what we have now with Kyle, andI for one am thrilled with it!

Another thing I respect about CMC is that he isn't a clown on the sidelines like Rhoads. I can still remember Rhoads on his knees begging the refs.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Another thing I respect about CMC is that he isn't a clown on the sidelines like Rhoads. I can still remember Rhoads on his knees begging the refs.

Still think this is why Rhoads didn't change sidelines at JTS, which made total sense all along especially when the football facility opened. He wanted to get on TV a lot. He liked the attention

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Still think this is why Rhoads didn't change sidelines at JTS, which made total sense all along especially when the football facility opened. He wanted to get on TV a lot. He liked the attention

He'll be out looking for a job again.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Kempt Is Great...But...is 3-0
Kempt Is Great...But...he is not a drama queen
Kempt Is Great...But...the team seems to rally behind him
Kempt Is Great...But...he is a ComSci major give the guy a break

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Kempt Is Great...But...is 3-0
Kempt Is Great...But...he is not a drama queen
Kempt Is Great...But...the team seems to rally behind him
Kempt Is Great...But...he is a ComSci major give the guy a break

Screw "arm talent" an all that jazz... The TEAM is responding to KK at QB and that alone is the reason why he should continue being the starter this season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron