MLB: ***Official Yankees Postseason Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Had to meet family at airport (four hour layover, take them to supper thingy) and missed the game except for the 9th. 4-0 last time I checked in. Got home and it's 6-4. :) Chapman is looking like Chapman again.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And suddenly Judge is hitting .308 for this series and does not "suck" anymore. :rolleyes:

Wonder is Sanchez is catching or DH'ing tonight? Maybe a day off behind the plate at DH got his bat right?

Astros hitting .153 for the series. Keuchel and Verlander won them two 2-1 games otherwise it's probably Yanks up in the series. Even the Astros couldn't have imaged they were getting vintage/best Verlander. He's been as good/better than ever since that trade. Yanks need to break serve in one of these next two games. With that said, Keuchel is a built for Yankee Stadium lefty. Going to be tough the way these guys have been pitching but Tanaka and Severino are also tossing good innings (2-1, 2-1)

• Agree
Reactions: cyson

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Keuchel owns the Yankees. You'd think you'd square one up by accident and knock it over the right field wall but somehow it doesn't happen...

Regardless, I think the key is a quick start. The Astros are reeling after the last 2. Put them down early and they might just look forward to getting home.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The strike zone that some umpires give star pitchers is pretty crazy. That strike three to Bird, woof.

I call it Greg Maddux syndrome. Maddux got an insanely yuge strike zone. Hell, batters had to swing at stuff outside the strike zone because it was going to get called a strike.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The strike zone that some umpires give star pitchers is pretty crazy. That strike three to Bird, woof.

I call it Greg Maddux syndrome. Maddux got an insanely yuge strike zone. Hell, batters had to swing at stuff outside the strike zone because it was going to get called a strike.

Behind the plate guy has a really wide strike zone but at least he isn't calling mid shin strikes.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Gonna be tough, at least we have 2 chances to get the job done. If it goes 7, Yankees should have the pitching advantage.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Gonna be tough, at least we have 2 chances to get the job done. If it goes 7, Yankees should have the advantage.

Yeah I think they pulled Keuchel with the thought of using him if needed Friday or Saturday.