Kyle Kempt

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Will be interested to see if Lincoln Riley keeps Stoops after this season. OU was way to passive on defense and IMO there is no reason OU shouldn't be playing a physical 4-3 or a 3-4 with bigger LB's.

That said, ISU coaching staff and players deserve tremendous credit. They went with a pretty conservative game plan and in the second half were able to turn basic plays into big plays. Kempt was great because he was accurate. He obviously doesn't have Park's gun for an arm, but he was very accurate today and didn't make any mistakes.

Great win for the team- I hope they enjoy it. Campbell and his staff are the real deal!! Feel very happy for seniors like Lazard, Campos, Garcia, Ryen, Waggoner, Trent, Lanning, Cotton-Moya, etc who have gone through a bit of a roller coaster ride while at ISU. They have come close a number of time and couldn't get the win.
I liked how the defense went more aggressive on blitzing when they needed to. We gave up some easy underneath routes but the coaching didn't back off the aggressive plan.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Kyle "Kurt Warner" Kempt. After he settled he in he was throwing darts. First quarter there were some poor throws (like completely missing wheel route to Mont), but when he settled in he was next level. Dropped dimes to Butler and Lazard. And basically every throw from start of 2nd quarter on was perfect.

Please, some of you, give Kempt's performance more respect than to compare it to Richardson. I mean I seriously read someone say this #3 on the road at OU was like Short Bus Richardson at KU? In what universe

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe they could make a movie sort of along the lines of "Rudy", the walk on who played on the scout team at Notre Dame. And sacked the qb in on his only play in his only game. But who would believe? (

Actually, there is a "Rudy" award.

Maybe there should be a nomination.

Last edited:

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Agree completely. But I'll say this, he never lost his cool and never let the pressure of the moment get to him.

Totally. Said it in another thread, did you see him late in the game on the bench? He was just sitting there, calm and cool, like he was in a geology lecture.

Meanwhile I am in my living room 1000 miles away losing my ****.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Kyle "Kurt Warner" Kempt. After he settled he in he was throwing darts. First quarter there were some poor throws (like completely missing wheel route to Mont), but when he settled in he was next level. Dropped dimes to Butler and Lazard. And basically every throw from start of 2nd quarter on was perfect.

Please, some of you, give Kempt's performance more respect than to compare it to Richardson. I mean I seriously read someone say this #3 on the road at OU was like Short Bus Richardson at KU? In what universe
You're struggling with context

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Totally. Said it in another thread, did you see him late in the game on the bench? He was just sitting there, calm and cool, like he was in a geology lecture.

Meanwhile I am in my living room 1000 miles away losing my ****.
I've never seen a guy so unenthused to beat Oklahoma until Kempt.

And his composure was awesome. Just another day at the office for him.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm