Stupid logo hate thread

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
The better question for me is WHY do we as a fan base care so much about the little dumb things and not the things that matter and bring us W’s? If you could convince me that this conversation would translate to a bowl game I am in... And know that branding is important in the recruiting world we live in, but that does not always translate to W’s either just look at recent history of the team we played last week, or recently Oregon....
Actually it's not a better question. It's a separate question.

I've already covered this but I'll do it again just for you;

The lack of touches for Montgomery is more important than a logo
Park being an interception throwing machine is more important than a logo
The bad offensive play calling is more important than a logo

Of all the things that make a winning program the logo is probably last.

There are threads for the more important things and then there is this thread. No one is suggesting that a logo can translate to Ws.

The logo sucks and we want to discuss it. There are smart, talented people here who've made some really good designs and the people in this thread like that sort of thing.

Finally, we're not alone in having logo discussions. I sat next to a UT season ticket holder from Houston at the game. He told me about the upheaval when UT went to a metallic burnt orange Longhorn decal. People went nuts. They also went crazy when UT rolled out all black unis which have since been relegated to the practice squad.

Last edited:

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have thought about this for a few days. It's just god awful. Do they even do focus groups? Or ask anyone? Who made this decison? I mean we HAD the perfect log. It said Iowa fing State and had a g** d*** cyclone on it. I think Pollard is one of the most important people in Iowa State history. But my god he bungles stuff like this. Get something like the below on the damn uniforms and be done with it. How hard is this? We have a f****** design school for god sake. Just when I think this athletic department gets it, we roll out with a Sears Blue Light special for a new logo.

To your point about Pollard "bungles stuff like this" - well, in this case, he more "bugled" it up.

Attachments

• bugles.jpg
    bugles.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Funny
Reactions: VTXCyRyD

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The better question for me is WHY do we as a fan base care so much about the little dumb things and not the things that matter and bring us W’s? If you could convince me that this conversation would translate to a bowl game I am in... And know that branding is important in the recruiting world we live in, but that does not always translate to W’s either just look at recent history of the team we played last week, or recently Oregon....

Every fanbase cares about this stuff.

You can care about this stuff and care about winning. How do some of you not understand that? I guess you haven't seen the incessant ******** about the playcalling?

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So, I'll be honest, I think this new logo sucks. However, I hated I State at first and now I'm fine with it. I don't think either are particularly compelling and think we've had way better logos in the past, from the old school Orr tornado that Kagavi has deftly put on a helmet to the Walking Cy.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I have always wondered how they can get the logos (no matter which ones) on the helmets straight. That has to be a hard job

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
And this from the header of ISU Athletics' latest email about single meet wrestling tickets. WrestlingEmailHeader.png

• Dislike
Reactions: CYCLNST8

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This pic just shows so clearly what is wrong with the new logo. You can't have cardinal in your logo against a cardinal helmet. It's SO much better for just a gold logo on a cardinal helmet, and a cardinal logo on a gold or white hemet.

Oh, and we care so much about logos, uniforms, Sweet Caroline, etc, because our football team sucks every year.... pretty simple folks. If we were really good, nobody would care about this stuff.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Oh, and we care so much about logos, uniforms, Sweet Caroline, etc, because our football team sucks every year.... pretty simple folks. If we were really good, nobody would care about this stuff.

Are you not a basketball fan? We're been on a decent run and it hasn't stopped people from complaining about things.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
aI1KDyz.png

on the top of college football reddit currently.

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
That logo clearly brought the team down during the Texas game. That said, go Ham Hocks!