Stupid logo hate thread

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Seeing as this is only recorded account of the players reaction, safe to say they like it. I can’t wait to get my Nike shirt with this logo!

If I were you I would wait awhile. There's gonna be a bunch of this merch going for dirt cheap or just being shipped straight to Ghana.

• Funny
Reactions: ianoconnor

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I did my own poll. 2% don't like alternate uniforms, 0% liked the logo, and 98% like alternate uniforms but hated this hideous early nineties cartoon crap that is completely indistinguishable from 20 feet away.
actually I would say about 50% of isu fans dont mind the new logo (this board is full of people that hate everything and not indicative of actual population) Most national sports pundits liked it, most uniform "sites/accounts" gave it great reviews. The coaching staff/players/athletic dept. like it. Seems good to me.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I just read the ISU Football Facebook page and Athletics Facebook page. I would say 80% absolutely hate it with 20% meh or approve.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
actually I would say about 50% of isu fans dont mind the new logo (this board is full of people that hate everything and not indicative of actual population) Most national sports pundits liked it, most uniform "sites/accounts" gave it great reviews. The coaching staff/players/athletic dept. like it. Seems good to me.
Links?

• Winner
Reactions: IASTATE07

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Guys, lets settle this down..I just created (edited) a new secondary logo. Inspired from the best of old designs

*Sponsored by MS-paint

View attachment 50338

giphy-downsized-large.gif

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

A+ on making up stuff. I don't mind your shtick on this topic.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
I absolutely hate it! And I don't usually comment on all the uniform and helmet chatter on here.
Any chance it goes away?

• Agree
Reactions: CY21

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I absolutely hate it! And I don't usually comment on all the uniform and helmet chatter on here.
Any chance it goes away?

Not anytime soon unfortunately. Looks like the AD dropped a stupid amount of coin on merchandising this turd. The best thing we can do as fans is refuse to buy it, and return it if someone gives it as a gift. Blue blender bird terrorized us for a little over ten years...

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not anytime soon unfortunately. Looks like the AD dropped a stupid amount of coin on merchandising this turd. The best thing we can do as fans is refuse to buy it, and return it if someone gives it as a gift. Blue blender bird terrorized us for a little over ten years...
How much did they spend?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I really don't care. I don't have to by ISU gear with this logo, if I don't want to. As long as this team wins they can have pretty much anything on their helmet.

My real concern when it comes to ISU gear, is that they pick a color of cardinal, not red, and stick with it, and make it so all companies have to use the same shade of cardinal.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
My real concern when it comes to ISU gear, is that they pick a color of cardinal, not red, and stick with it, and make it so all companies have to use the same shade of cardinal.

This. It seems like the last 5 years or so has been good with nike and UA having the same deep red. But when you go to the off-brand stuff at JCPenney (or wherever) it is more often a ketchupy red. The specific colors are easily available at the school's branding website. How hard can this be?

...And I'm not paying $35 for a nike t-shirt.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
How much did they spend?

Too much.

It's infuriating that they outsourced and paid for an uninspiring design when it could have been done so much easier in-house.

It's infuriating that they never considered consulting the fanbase. You know- the folks who blow their money on a garbage football program. Think of the missed opportunity they could have had by building fan participation & excitement with an online poll.

It's infuriating that the logo looks backwards on the helmet and is once again too damned busy like the ******** blender bird.

It's infuriating that once again Iowa State is on prime time for the whole world to see and not only plays stupid, but looks stupid while doing it.

It's exhausting being the continual laughingstock of college football. It seems every time this program takes a step forward it takes two steps back. We lost a lot of momentum last Thursday, and this Saturday may halt it all together.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The fans are the ones the spend their hard earned money year after year after year. This, despite not having a football team go to a bowl game since in 5 years, and 25,000 fans traveled and spent their money to watch a team get their @asees kicked by freaking Tulsa. And this is a program that hasn't won a freaking bowl game in almost a decade. Like CYCLNST8 said it is absolutely infuriating the fans that have loyally supported this unsuccessful program did not get a chance to have input on this embarrassing logo. It is very arrogant of the AD to think they can shove this crap logo down our throats. The only hope is people don't buy it, that is the only way this is going to go away.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Working on a piece about this logo where I analyze it and the overall branding direction.

I will say this--it is huge that Iowa State finally allowed certain elements within the university to add a Cyclone nickname logo back to the branding package. This cannot be understated. All progress in this direction is positive.

With that said, look at this image below and vote in the Twitter poll so I can incorporate it in the story.

DK5giY6V4AAVo4F.jpg

POLL HERE:

Hesitant to reply to Kagavi post. Been burned before. Waiting to see what he is setting me up for.

Seriously, I do like the fact that they are focusing on the "cyclone" concept. Would a few swirling lines around it help to create a more menacing and cyclonic feel?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Seeing as this is only recorded account of the players reaction, safe to say they like it. I can’t wait to get my Nike shirt with this logo!

I kinda like the swirling cyclone before it changes into the new logo in the video. Perhaps if it was cardinal-colored.