RECRUITING: Conditt sets official visit to Iowa State

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think we land this guy. 2019-20 is going to consist of Wigginton, Lewis, Young, Conditt, Lard, Halliburton, and Long. That will be a pretty nasty roster!

Plus Griffin and Jacobson, there's also no reason to assume one of the '19 kids Prohm lands wouldn't be an instant impact guy. Getting a big time guard will be huge for '19. If Prohm does that he'd have a nice balanced roster set to compete year after year.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yep, they forgot our best recruit coming in next year.

Gotta like our chances with Conditt I'd think, but you never know. He'll be a good one, but maybe not until his sophomore or junior season IMO. He's just way too skinny. He'll need a bit of time to develop IMO.

Don't disagree . Condit will need to fill out much like most 3 star posts do Not uncommon for them to wait till their Junior year to play major minute.
I do think his ability to shoot from outside and shoot blocking ability on D will let him play some spot minutes early.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
anyone else laughing about Illinois fans and new mex fans arguing about whos arena is louder on twitter? Its fun being the school that is thinking why the hell would anyone go to new mex or illinois instead of people saying it about us

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'm sure it was posted but I wasn't on here much this weekend.
I got a good laugh out of Niang's twitter reply to that Illinois recuiting dbag saying Conditt would end up in Ames.

Man Georges is the best.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
"I talked with one source close to George, who has been very upfront about wanting Illinois to be the choice..."

AAU coach mad he won't be getting paid by Underwood and Illinois?
My guess it’s actually Conditt’s mom - I believe it was said she wanted him to play at Illinois so he stayed close to home.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I don't think that was ever said
It may not have been said, but that narrative kind of fits. If you extrapolate from the Illini writer he said that “dad will win out” which makes it seem like it’s Dad-ISU & Mom-Illini. Plus he said “a source close to George...did not come off as very excited about the situation...”

I can picture the interview now

Illini Writer: “Good evening, Mrs Conditt is George home? I wanted to speak to him about the details of his announcement tomorrow...”

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It may not have been said, but that narrative kind of fits. If you extrapolate from the Illini writer he said that “dad will win out” which makes it seem like it’s Dad-ISU & Mom-Illini. Plus he said “a source close to George...did not come off as very excited about the situation...”

Illini Writer: “Good evening, Mrs Conditt is George home? I wanted to speak to him about the details of his announcement tomorrow...”

The dad will win thing is an Illinois spin for an excuse if they lose him and I don't know how you connect the dots with a source close to George = his mom.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Don't disagree . Condit will need to fill out much like most 3 star posts do Not uncommon for them to wait till their Junior year to play major minute.
I do think his ability to shoot from outside and shoot blocking ability on D will let him play some spot minutes early.

We have Young, Lard, and Jacobson for when Conditt is an underclassman.

Conditt will be a junior the fall after Young and Lard graduate. Perfect timing.

Prohm has done a great job fixing some seriously messed up class and positional balance.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Id be pretty upset if my mom was telling a writer she wasn't excited about my decision where to play basketball. This has got to be one of his coaches.

Last edited:

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011

Conditt will be a junior the fall after Young and Lard graduate. Perfect timing.

Prohm has done a great job fixing some seriously messed up class and positional balance.
You do realize Young and Lard are a class apart now right?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

He hasn't gotten Conditt yet.