Can ISU's coaches please not mix politics and football???

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
A JFC button would be a distraction and might cause us to lose the football game. Coaches have to be on alert for that kind of thing.
Only a distraction because it would make people think about fried chicken. Jesus has the best fried chicken. This one time, JFC fed 5000 people with just two chickens and five biscuits. Some say it was a miracle.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Only a distraction because it would make people think about fried chicken. Jesus has the best fried chicken. This one time, JFC fed 5000 people with just two chickens and five biscuits. Some say it was a miracle.
Was that right after he turned water into gravy?

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
You are a bigger fool than I thought you were.
mU8O2eK.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MNCyGuy

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
I see we have a couple of textbook idiots on here.
Well seeing as how this is only your second day, yes there are some people in these forums that act foolish at times, though you should really wait until basketball season before making any rash judgments.

Reactions: Lineup

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Well let's stick to the point. The point is that football teams should stay out of politics, avoid distractions and stay focused on their goals.

It's almost like football teams are composed of real people and their goals might not begin and end with the football field. If that bothers you so much go....I don't know, watch full-game Madden simulations or something?

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's almost like football teams are composed of real people and their goals might not begin and end with the football field. If that bothers you so much go....I don't know, watch full-game Madden simulations or something?
I wonder if the developers will include the option to kneel during the anthem into next year's game?

MOClone

May 1, 2009
Well let's stick to the point. The point is that football teams should stay out of politics, avoid distractions and stay focused on their goals.

Some of your comments aside, I do agree with you that politics should stay out of football. I am a Clone to the bone, but TOE has taken the right stance in saying that politics stops at the door where football is concerned. Paying individuals and supporters go to football games to see football. There is nothing in the program guide handed out before games that says that political agendas with be entertained. The players represent the school (ISU in our case). Everyone has the right to speak their opinions, but that depends upon the venue. If it is ok to be political at a game, then shouldn't it also be ok to be political during a church service or even at a funeral service where people are gathered for an entirely different reason? Why care about the feelings of those not interested in your political views at that time and place?

• Winner
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm upset that the ISU coaches are making a clear political statement and not focusing on football.

Clearly, we all saw what happened with ISU's star black player. Not good.

There's a time and a place for everything and I think we can all agree that football is not a time for politics. When I go to a game, I want to be entertained and not be confronted with social issues of the day.

Can we just play ball? Stop shoving it down my throat.

D$#% politics ruining my favorite sport.

___

I am, of course, talking about Jack Trice in 1923.

Bloviating politicians of the day often discussed the big, scary NEGRO QUESTION and strongly advocated that the black community needed to be completely separate from the pure, untarnished white citizens of this good country, lest their wily clutches besmirch. (The negro league sprouted up, separate from MLB, etc.)

Football fans sitting in the stands, some of who may have been members of the newly reformed Ku Klux Klan, would have clearly resented Iowa State University (and East Tech) for inserting themselves into a political hot topic by putting a black player on the field, in violation of the "Separate But Equal" norms gathering steam.

Seeing that uppity young black man running around as an equal to white players must've really galled some people.

___

Just musing about historical inequality in sport and the forms that protest took.

Another drive-by Kagaving! Always interesting when you show up.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Someone joined with an agenda to spread.

Ya think? Solid first day of aggressive trolling. Not very subtle or stealthy but I think his mix of Hawk love and Trump love mixed together is probably a little too much for him/her to muster the patience required to be a higher class troll.

Wonder if this is his first persona here or if he is into his reincarnations yet. Did we have a John Doe or Jane Doe before this John Smith?

Help Support Us

Become a patron