NCAA BASKETBALL CORRUPTION SCHEME

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It's not really that the NCAA had no clue. They probably know but they aren't an enforcement agency and do not have the ability to provide a proper investigation (subpoena power) and really don't have a way to enforce what they would find.

They didn't even know about the investigation. If they really cared about policing their sports they could have gone to the FBI with whatever information to start that process.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They didn't even know about the investigation. If they really cared about policing their sports they could have gone to the FBI with whatever information to start that process.

From what I have read this was found by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) during a unrelated investigation. There is no way the NCAA would have found this.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We can't count on the NCAA to shut down or severely punish any program - they still haven't put any penalties on UNC for academic violations years ago.

I'll add Baylor and Penn State to one up your post.

There is no more death sentence ..... Well, as I type this those were for FB ... this is BB.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
adidas-kansas-deal-2031.jpg
Are those logos sweating?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It's gonna be hard to really differentiate that, unless it is painfully obvious or poorly covered up, due to the Adidas Circuit and teams lobbying for moving from Nike to Adidas to Under Armour year in and year out.
Not if you read the FBI complaint.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don't remember where I read it now, but I believe much of this started when someone busted by the SEC offered up evidence of payments.
I had not heard that. Interesting.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Decent overview:

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...ge-basketball-just-tip-iceberg-184524346.html

"Death penalty. Postseason bans. Mass firings. It’s going to be a scorched earth, the bill coming due on a sport that has operated in the shadows of corruption for generations.

Yet for college hoops none of it represents the scariest part of the three complaints laid out by the DOJ Tuesday. This, a statement by said undercover FBI agent, should terrify every coach in America:

“Because this affidavit is being submitted for the limited purpose of establishing probable cause, it does not include all of the facts that I have learned during the court of the investigation.”

Meaning, this is the tip of the iceberg."