*New Uniform Thread*

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Ugh. One of the worst combos.

And I agree from above, the gray facemask from last year contrast a little better than the all cardinal.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Optimal game to unveil gold helmets, and do G-C-G. Still would work for remaining home games vs TCU, KU and OSU, so maybe there's hope.

On the other hand, I'm OK with no radically new look vs. Texas. It's a biggie, but no need to treat it like Game of the Century.

I've been openly anti-storm-cloud for uniforms, but C-C-G probably was tied with W-W-G for my least-favorite of the 4 combos last year involving gray.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Not one of my favorites from last year.

Having two gold stripes on the jersey with one on the pants is annoying.

The whole getup just looks like the team forgot to take off warm-up sweatpants.

Sweatpants are the official "I give up on life" look.

If cardinal masks, that is a downgrade, too, because (at least) the Baylor look from last year had a little gray on top to tie it together, which this might not.

oct-1-2016-iowa-state-cyclones-wide-receiver-deshaunte-jones-carries-picture-id612347672

Lil' red on the bottom and lil' gray on top helps it hold together.

I liked this combo until you pointed out that the stripe pattern on the pants does not match the stripe pattern on the jersey. Now I can't unsee it.

I'm also just noticing the gray on the shoes, socks, and sweat bands as well.

Agree that the gray face mask is the key to making the whole thing passable.

Hopefully next year the interchangeable parts have a little more forethought and design consistency put into them.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
SIAP, are they not allowed to wear the colored visors in games? We see them in all the promos but I’ve yet to see them in game.

SciClone

Mar 30, 2006
Marion, IA
If the Clones were to bring-out a new helmet shell color, is there a "break-in" time needed before they can use them for a game? If that's the case, it would be difficult to hide new helmet colors.