Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
As well you should, brother Aramis, EN GARDE!
la7SifQ.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Took Riley to the vet. Sounds like just by the preliminary look, he has diabetes. We don't know how bad or what else until all of the final urinalysis and blood work comes back. But BEST CASE scenario he'll have to have insulin shots every 12 hours for the rest of his life.
I'm sorry. That's a pretty tough diagnosis.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Took Riley to the vet. Sounds like just by the preliminary look, he has diabetes. We don't know how bad or what else until all of the final urinalysis and blood work comes back. But BEST CASE scenario he'll have to have insulin shots every 12 hours for the rest of his life.

I never thought of myself as a candidate for diabetes, but my last physical showed my A1C level to be 6.1, which is borderline for Type II. I am trying to control it with diet (yeah, it's tough!) and I have also been taking 2000mg of cinnamon daily. This was a tip I got from my Aunt Shar, and it seems to be working. Last A1C count was 5.8.

Reactions: cyrevkah and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Confession, the first time I saw a commercial for the Emma Stone & Steve Carell movie Battle of the Sexes I thought it was a SNL spoof. But, no, it's a real movie. :confused:

Flashback: We invited a bunch of the gals over from Linden Hall to watch that tennis match in the Dana House den with us. Mostly just good fun and don't remember many folks taking it very seriously, except one of our guys in Dana House. I thought at first he was just playing along to make it more fun but, nope, he was going full sexiest dog. :eek:

Same era, some idiots in one of the other houses stood in front of Birch with some numbered signs (1 to 10) and rated gals walking back. What ********. The Linden gals countered by doing the same to guys walking by. Touché! As a known non-******* I scored okay for a scrawny plain looking guy. Linden was filled with CWW and CWW do generally like me, cause crazy. :rolleyes:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Confession, the first time I saw a commercial for the Emma Stone & Steve Carell movie Battle of the Sexes I thought it was a SNL spoof. But, no, it's a real movie. :confused:

Flashback: We invited a bunch of the gals over from Linden Hall to watch that tennis match in the Dana House den with us. Mostly just good fun and don't remember many folks taking it very seriously, except one of our guys in Dana House. I thought at first he was just playing along to make it more fun but, nope, he was going full sexiest dog. :eek:

Same era, some idiots in one of the other houses stood in front of Birch with some numbered signs (1 to 10) and rated gals walking back. What ********. The Linden gals countered by doing the same to guys walking by. Touché! As a known non-******* I scored okay for a scrawny plain looking guy. Linden was filled with CWW and CWW do generally like me, cause crazy. :rolleyes:
Nut jobs all moved to Barton.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I never thought of myself as a candidate for diabetes, but my last physical showed my A1C level to be 6.1, which is borderline for Type II. I am trying to control it with diet (yeah, it's tough!) and I have also been taking 2000mg of cinnamon daily. This was a tip I got from my Aunt Shar, and it seems to be working. Last A1C count was 5.8.

They seem to want you in the 5's so good job. Husband's is always around 5.4 and they are always happy with him, mine hovers around 5, sometimes 4.9, and they say people under 5 have an increased mortality rate ( I think this excludes young active people but not little old ladies). I think this is maybe another piece of why they always want me to gain weight.

Hoping Riley gets the best case scenario. I have a friend who has been giving her cocker spaniel insulin for years.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
One of the biggest adjustments thus far. All during pregnancy MrsWx was hot so the thermostat was set at 70 maybe 73 max. Now she is cold so we set it back to 75-78. I woke in the middle of the night sweating at 78 so I had to turn it back down.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
One of the biggest adjustments thus far. All during pregnancy MrsWx was hot so the thermostat was set at 70 maybe 73 max. Now she is cold so we set it back to 75-78. I woke in the middle of the night sweating at 78 so I had to turn it back down.

I feel your pain, wx. The vixen's inner thermostat seems to be stuck on about 105, so she likes having the A/C set at about 68. Now me, I've spent way too many days on the deer stand getting my hands and feet frostbitten, so now it's tough to keep them warm. I just throw on another sweatshirt. Love finds a way.

Reactions: oldman and wxman1

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I picture you walking downstairs at 3AM to turn down the thermostat while a disheveled Mrs Wx is glaring at you from the rocking chair while holding a screaming infant.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.