(Lack of) Iowa Football Fan Support

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
You made a claim that was crazy far from the truth, and now you want to backtrack and make excuses. ISU fans pat themselves on the back like they are the greatest fans because they filled 82% of their stadium vs conference opponents. All while mocking Iowa who filled 96% of their stadium vs conference opponents after 7 wins in 3 years.

What was the crazy claim? Your example was over a decade ago. Mine is the present.

Anyone who is 10-0 and can't fill their stadium on senior day really shouldn't be casting stones....

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
What was the crazy claim? Your example was over a decade ago. Mine is the present.

Anyone who is 10-0 and can't fill their stadium on senior day really shouldn't be casting stones....

I used the most recent and closest example I could find.

I didn’t cast a stone, ISU fans do, and they use one game as an example.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You said you never felt Iowa could beat Penn State but you changed your opinion on it because they were a top 5 team when they showed up?

Link to me ever saying I never felt we could beat any of those teams?

I didn’t feel in the offseason that Iowa could beat Penn St, OSU or Wisconsin. I think Iowa could beat every one of them if they played a clean game.

Not even sure what your troll angle is here. It is pretty self explanatory.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn’t feel in the offseason that Iowa could beat Penn St, OSU or Wisconsin. I think Iowa could beat every one of them if they played a clean game.

Not even sure what your troll angle is here. It is pretty self explanatory.

So why in the off season didn't you think they could beat them if they played a clean game?

I'm not trolling I'm just confused how you went from "I never felt we could beat Penn State" to "I thought we could beat them".

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So why in the off season didn't you think they could beat them if they played a clean game?

I'm not trolling I'm just confused how you went from "I never felt we could beat Penn State" to "I thought we could beat them".

Why did you feel like ISU couldn’t beat Texas, TCU, OSU, OU, and k state? Probably because you felt those teams were better than ISU. I don’t think Iowa is better than Penn St, Wisconsin or OSU. So in the offseason I never felt those were wins on the schedule for Iowa. Iowa could beat each of those teams if they play good enough games. Heck Iowa played pretty poorly in several aspects of the game vs Penn St as you pointed out, and that is why they lost.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why did you feel like ISU couldn’t beat Texas, TCU, OSU, OU, and k state? Probably because you felt those teams were better than ISU. I don’t think Iowa is better than Penn St, Wisconsin or OSU. So in the offseason I never felt those were wins on the schedule for Iowa. Iowa could beat each of those teams if they play good enough games. Heck Iowa played pretty poorly in several aspects of the game vs Penn St as you pointed out, and that is why they lost.

In the offseason you said "I never felt like Iowa could beat Penn State" but the week of you said "I thought you could beat them in they played a clean game". My question is why in the offseason didn't you think they could beat them if they played a clean game or is it just the fact you beat ISU so your opinion of your team went up?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Sunday 4:13pm

In the offseason. Why can’t ISU beat Texas? I think they win tonight, why don’t you think ISU can beat a 1-2 team? Texas lost to a bad Maryland team at home. It is weird you don’t think ISU can win.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In the offseason. Why can’t ISU beat Texas? I think they win tonight, why don’t you think ISU can beat a 1-2 team? Texas lost to a bad Maryland team at home. It is weird you don’t think ISU can win.

I never said ISU can't beat Texas or I don't think ISU can win. WTF are you talking about?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
In the offseason you said "I never felt like Iowa could beat Penn State" but the week of you said "I thought you could beat them in they played a clean game". My question is why in the offseason didn't you think they could beat them if they played a clean game or is it just the fact you beat ISU so your opinion of your team went up?

Just a hint, he doesn't know jack about sports.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins