2017 Stock Prediction

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Hang in there. It will happen. It always has.
Your challenge is deciding when to buy and sell. You have to be able/willing to do both..

Dollar cost average. You don't have to worry about timing (however I was extremely lucky in 2008 in that I had a huge divided pay out on some private stock and plowed it all into the stock market about when it bottomed.)

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Dollar cost average. You don't have to worry about timing (however I was extremely lucky in 2008 in that I had a huge divided pay out on some private stock and plowed it all into the stock market about when it bottomed.)
So sometimes you don't dollar cost average.
From an investment standpoint, DCA is easy on the buying side. What method do you use to sell and realize the gain of your investments?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The human nature of thinking a stock will just go higher and higher is hard to overcome. I hate when I sell something and make a ton of money and then "held out for two more weeks guy" is calling me an idiot. I sell when my targets get hit and according to my game plan and I don't waiver.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The human nature of thinking a stock will just go higher and higher is hard to overcome. I hate when I sell something and make a ton of money and then "held out for two more weeks guy" is calling me an idiot. I sell when my targets get hit and according to my game plan and I don't waiver.
signed everyone buying Tesla

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
A potential ugly pattern shaping up for AMZN. Chart folks who use the head-shoulders form will note the 936 support level. If it breaks, the typical calculation has:
Head = 1075
Support = 936.
1,075 - 936 = 139; this is the potential drop from the support, so it would take AMZN back to about 800 (936 - 139).

Attachments

• AMZN.JPG
    AMZN.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 5

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
A potential ugly pattern shaping up for AMZN. Chart folks who use the head-shoulders form will note the 936 support level. If it breaks, the typical calculation has:
Head = 1075
Support = 936.
1,075 - 936 = 139; this is the potential drop from the support, so it would take AMZN back to about 800 (936 - 139).
How did that work out?

I did just sell my amzn today though. Up 13% today. Will try to get back in it next week if it drops.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I have been burned way too much by buying value, especially lately. Value keeps getting cheaper while everyone piles into the crap that is TSLA or the like.

I certainly wouldn't be shorting much or try to be selective as I do have some gold stock shorts and commercial real estate. We need a pull back but ultimately this market will end up looking like Japan from the 90's. I just haven't been able to get in and am getting a little miffed.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I am also trying to ban myself from any of those 2x or 3x ETF's. Those are terrible investments and I don't trade often enough to even consider them again.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I have been burned way too much by buying value, especially lately. Value keeps getting cheaper while everyone piles into the crap that is TSLA or the like.

I certainly wouldn't be shorting much or try to be selective as I do have some gold stock shorts and commercial real estate. We need a pull back but ultimately this market will end up looking like Japan from the 90's. I just haven't been able to get in and am getting a little miffed.

I'm saving for a vehicle through next spring, but would be loading up on Under Armour right now if not.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Hope you didnt invest that day. Down 14 today.

Goodl bump :) I did not, but it's hard not to after this latest move. I'm not actively putting money into my taxable account right now, so I might have to sell some other stuff to start a position.

I think they'll get the ship turned around and everyone has been down on retail, rightfully so. However, UA is a manufacturer and not a distrubutor, so Amazon can't put them out of business. ...right!?!

Reminds me of when Netflix increased prices to get rid of mailings and everyone when nuts. Or when rental car companies were hammered when all of the automakers crapped out, but they were actually rebuilding their fleets cheaply with discounted cars. I think UA makes good stuff and will be one of the apparel winners at the end of 5-10 years and is worth buying now.

The recommendations of DurangoCy are his only and do not reflect the opinions of CycloneFanatic. Past performance does not guarentee future returns.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Don’t buy UA. Buy Nike and Adidas. I’ll only buy UA when they announce a deal with wal-mart. UA = pony, starter, la gear.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Don’t buy UA. Buy Nike and Adidas. I’ll only buy UA when they announce a deal with wal-mart. UA = pony, starter, la gear.

I think they made better stuff than Adidas and are on par with Nike for alot of their clothes. Shoes: I only buy Nike, so I can't speak to that.