Advice for traveling to Norman on 10/7

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You will have no problem finding a ticket as the Iowa State games is one of OU's worst attended games. If you are going to tailgate I would just hit up Campus Corner. I went down there in 2011 and the tailgating scene was pretty lame.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
You will have no problem finding a ticket as the Iowa State games is one of OU's worst attended games. If you are going to tailgate I would just hit up Campus Corner. I went down there in 2011 and the tailgating scene was pretty lame.
So you are saying that we should just get 4 tickets outside of the stadium? Just curious as the seats still available on Stubhub, VividSeats, etc. aren't great.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I bought a ticket for this game through ISU earlier. Hopefully I will be able to get a way for a weekend and actually go.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So you are saying that we should just get 4 tickets outside of the stadium? Just curious as the seats still available on Stubhub, VividSeats, etc. aren't great.

We had visitor section seats when we went so we weren't looking that hard on game day but I remember seeing pretty cheap tickets for sale. Have you checked with the Iowa State ticket office to see if they still have road tickets available?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
We had visitor section seats when we went so we weren't looking that hard on game day but I remember seeing pretty cheap tickets for sale. Have you checked with the Iowa State ticket office to see if they still have road tickets available?
It looked on cyclones.com but couldn't find anything about road tickets. Is there a certain place to look?

Thanks for the response!

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I went in 2002. What a terrible time.

I'm sure the town was great (I've hung out there other times and it was fun) but that game was horrendous and I blocked almost everything about that game/trip out of my head. I guess one other thing--one ISU kid painted himself like the Heisman trophy--all gold paint. OU outgained ISU 225-4 in the first half.

Cool stadium, though.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That was 1990. Big deal because that is the last time ISU beat OU (and one of the few times in history its happened). Game featured a great call of the last drive by Pete Taylor...

Nothing like hearing the opposing crowd roar during a Pete Taylor broadcast. That was most of my childhood.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Too bad that uniform has so many bad associations with it.

That G-W-G look with the cardinal striping (assuming all a little more modern and dark) is absolutely gorgeous if not for the losing ways.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This. Probably concerned about an interception or fumble being returned for 2 pts.
Or, he figured that the officials would let some of the same shenanigans happen that they let happen on their first 2 pt PAT try. That was the blatant PI where they kept their hankies in their pockets.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Be prepared to hear Boomer Sooner over and over and over and over during the course of the game. I swear to God the band followed me back to the hotel room and played a couple hundred more times in the parking lot below my window.

^^^ With this in mind, I would play it on loop for an hour a few time on your trip down. That way you are desensitized and can enjoy the **** pounding game a bit more in Norman.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It looked on cyclones.com but couldn't find anything about road tickets. Is there a certain place to look?

Thanks for the response!
Away game tickets are available from ISU for a limited time in the late spring/early summer. After that the tickets go back to the school to sell.

• Informative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I don't want to start a Walden debate but why in the hell didn't we go for 2 at the end to go up by 3? Turns out it didn't matter but what the hell!

Thats simple....Thats Jimmie Dean Walden. Look Walden was a disaster of a coach, the other guy who wanted the ISU job after we FIRED Jim Criner was...................BILL SNYDER....(Urick would not hire Snyder because he was on the Iowa staff)

That choice sez it all for our athletic director at the time...Max I dont care if we lose to Iowa Urick......

CySoHard

Dec 27, 2013
My wife and I are also going down for the game. Picked up tickets for like $50 on stub hub. Not great seats but doesn't matter that much to me. I'm sure we're gonna get rolled, but it should still be a good time. I went to a Bball game there a few years ago and we went out in their campus town area and had a blast after the game. For the most part, their fans were pretty nice too. I think it helps that they don't see ISU as a threat lol.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When you need to get gas, stop at the Rudy's just off the highway by campus (you turn right instead of left off the highway). Some pretty decent BBQ, get the pulled pork sandwich.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
That was 1990. Big deal because that is the last time ISU beat OU (and one of the few times in history its happened). Game featured a great call of the last drive by Pete Taylor...

If there weren't video evidence, I wouldn't believe that we've ever beat Oklahoma.