****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

I read this Joe Henrickson is the authority on Chicago High School hoops, maybe someone who actually lives in Chicago can chime in. These comments were pulled off an Illinois free message board on Saturday

Joe Henricksen comments from Sportsline today:

THT: "Illinois is on the outside looking in."

Ayo: "I'll be surprised if he doesn't go to Illinois...and I wouldn't have said that about any of the other high profile recruitments like Cliff Alexander or Jalen Brunson."

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I read this Joe Henrickson is the authority on Chicago High School hoops, maybe someone who actually lives in Chicago can chime in. These comments were pulled off an Illinois free message board on Saturday

Joe Henricksen comments from Sportsline today:

THT: "Illinois is on the outside looking in."

Ayo: "I'll be surprised if he doesn't go to Illinois...and I wouldn't have said that about any of the other high profile recruitments like Cliff Alexander or Jalen Brunson."
Henricksen seems to have the most extensive Prep Recruiting info in chicago and the chicagoland area, but I can't say for certain if he is the authority. I do think his words carry some merit, however.

Reactions: fsanford

Tlally32

Sep 25, 2017
New to the forum, but not to Cyclone athletics. My whole take on the Tyler Harris recruitment is that he has always looked at Iowa St as a solid choice, but not his preferred. I feel like he has been waiting for something better to come along the whole time, especially after his breakout summer! Another reason I can see Harris hesitating is the fact that he seems to be a scoring PG and we are loading up on young bulls that can do just that. I think this recruitment will have one of the stranger ends to it, but either way I cant wait to follow Tyler through his career! Hopefully in the cardinal and gold

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
New to the forum, but not to Cyclone athletics. My whole take on the Tyler Harris recruitment is that he has always looked at Iowa St as a solid choice, but not his preferred. I feel like he has been waiting for something better to come along the whole time, especially after his breakout summer! Another reason I can see Harris hesitating is the fact that he seems to be a scoring PG and we are loading up on young bulls that can do just that. I think this recruitment will have one of the stranger ends to it, but either way I cant wait to follow Tyler through his career! Hopefully in the cardinal and gold

This must be Tyler himself!

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I would have thought the same thing after his summer, but oddly there hasn't been any new big schools coming after him. He still took his official to Colorado St, which seems underwhelming.
Really surprised SEC schools haven't tried to jump in.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I would have thought the same thing after his summer, but oddly there hasn't been any new big schools coming after him. He still took his official to Colorado St, which seems underwhelming.
Really surprised SEC schools haven't tried to jump in.

SEC schools already jumped in...what additional SEC offers are you thinking of? Kentucky isn't offering a sub-6 foot PG. If he prefers offers from the Missississippis, Georgia or Vanderbilt, then he never took ISU seriously in the first place.

upload_2017-9-25_12-28-59.png

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
SEC schools already jumped in...what additional SEC offers are you thinking of? Kentucky isn't offering a sub-6 foot PG. If he prefers offers from the Missississippis, Georgia or Vanderbilt, then he never took ISU seriously in the first place.

View attachment 50145

Tyler Ulis is 5'9"

But yeah, I would be shocked if he was on their radar. He is great but not exactly a top 5 draft pick potential guy.

Reactions: Knownothing

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

One of Underwood's other big man targets announcing around the same time as Conditt next week. Reminder Castleton is down to Illinois and Michigan. Illinois had an in home tonight and he is visiting Ann Arbor this weekend.

Edit: I would tell you guys that Illinois writers feel good about their chances with Castleton but that has kind of lost its meaning at this point lol. I think they actually have some traction on this one though FWIW.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Would not be surprised if he went to Memphis, but I still think their is a chance we can snag him. Although alot less likely than before

I don't think ISU is out but Memphis is becoming a real threat. I will be curious if the staff makes another visit to see Harris. It could be pretty telling on their current priority with his recruitment.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
I don't think ISU is out but Memphis is becoming a real threat. I will be curious if the staff makes another visit to see Harris. It could be pretty telling on their current priority with his recruitment.

This seems fair. They're not out but I think they have definitely cooled their priority on Harris and would take Conditt and THT to round out the class without any second thoughts.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Memphis makes sense. They have no players left. Kid might just want to start right away and Memphis sucks. Basically he either wants to play or wants to win. If he wants to Win. Memphis is no longer the place to go.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

One of Underwood's other big man targets announcing around the same time as Conditt next week. Reminder Castleton is down to Illinois and Michigan. Illinois had an in home tonight and he is visiting Ann Arbor this weekend.

Edit: I would tell you guys that Illinois writers feel good about their chances with Castleton but that has kind of lost its meaning at this point lol. I think they actually have some traction on this one though FWIW.

I wonder how the Illinois writers feel now.. :)

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

Following up with some info on Castleton and Illiniois...

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Illini visit in the works for THT. Hopefully we will get the last OV of his reported final 3

Attachments

• RoyS_THTtweet209.27.2017.png
    RoyS_THTtweet209.27.2017.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 3GenClone