Week 4 conference ranking is harder to do ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
  1. OU until beaten
  2. TCU my gosh Gary can coach 'em up
  3. oSu will be interesting bounce back or not test v. Tech
  4. WVU not impressive at Lawrence
  5. K-State idling
  6. Tech impressive win at Houston
  7. ISU awaits upset
  8. Texas Thursday will be interesting
  9. BU played with some baker's spunk
  10. Ku bonehead coaching overcomes good effort

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Tier 1 with OU and TCU - These teams still have playoff hopes

Tier 2 - OSU - They have a punchers chance against anyone, but ultimately you need to put out a defense to be considered legit.

Tier 3 - log jam - WVU, KSU, UT, ISU, TTU - Who knows. Should be figured out in the next couple weeks. I think ISU is in the top half of the conference, but we need to see them against B12 style teams.

Tier 4 - KU, BU - #sad

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
I agree with Surly's ranking. OU clearly at top, even with that uninspired showing against Baylor. TCU solidly in 2nd. A wad of other teams, then BU and KU.

At the start of the season, I thought our OL was average to slightly above average. They had played together a couple of seasons, so the continuity was solid. We lost the right side of the line before TCU from injuries (one out for season, other has turf toe) in Pitt game, so we had first time starters at RG and RT. Our lack of depth there really showed. But the defense. Good grief. Puncher's chance, indeed...but susceptible to any number of things as well.

Reactions: surly

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I agree with Surly's ranking. OU clearly at top, even with that uninspired showing against Baylor. TCU solidly in 2nd. A wad of other teams, then BU and KU.

At the start of the season, I thought our OL was average to slightly above average. They had played together a couple of seasons, so the continuity was solid. We lost the right side of the line before TCU from injuries (one out for season, other has turf toe) in Pitt game, so we had first time starters at RG and RT. Our lack of depth there really showed. But the defense. Good grief. Puncher's chance, indeed...but susceptible to any number of things as well.
Surly has Kansas State too high. They haven't shown anything against quality competition. Vandy loss was just bad. Also Tech has a better win already and Texas actually took a top 10 team to wire on the road.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Off topic, but I have to share. I sent a handwritten email to Coach Snyder a couple weeks ago to let him know how much he's appreciated after I read his article in The Players Tribune. He sent back a handwritten card, in purple sharpie nonetheless, and was awesome. He really is a treasure.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
1. OU
2. TCU
3. Ok St
4. WVU
5. KSU
6. Texas
7. Texas Tech
8. ISU
9. Baylor
10. KU

I think teams 3-8 are a crapshoot.

Also the KSU/Vandy game and the Alabama/Vandy game shows the huuuuuuge gap between Alabama and even a decent football team.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
To be honest watching both Baylor and KU play this weekend, I would not be surprised if an unprepared team gets surprised by them this year.... WVU and OU are perfect examples of the overlook that can happen on the road.....

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
10. Kansas forever and ever
Until my bold prediction comes true, that is.

After Bill Snyder finally retires (again) the KSU AD spurn's Bill's pressure and hires someone from outside the program to take over the reins. Sean Snyder is hired by KU to take over their program and KSU is beaten by KU on the grid iron in 12 of the next 15 years.

• Creative
  • Optimistic
Reactions: surly and wclarson

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I really have no idea what to make of Texa$ or K-State.

Texas tight game with USC vs. beatdown by Maryland, who got beatdown by UCF after their long Irma layoff.

Then K-State laying egg at Vandy.

I guess we'll find out a little more soon.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Baker was running his mouth, what's new, and Baylor played to it with spunk. I know, I know. This creative writing is a test. You should see what else swirls in this head that I'd like to write. :confused:

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
1. OU
2. TCU
3. Ok St
4. WVU
5. KSU
6. Texas
7. Texas Tech
8. ISU
9. Baylor
10. KU

I think teams 3-8 are a crapshoot.

Also the KSU/Vandy game and the Alabama/Vandy game shows the huuuuuuge gap between Alabama and even a decent football team.

I would say 4-8 are a crapshoot. I think Okie State is a solid 3rd. I think they are clearly more talented than the teams after them.