MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Probably one of my favorite Cubs #2. Gotta love The Riot

ryan-theriot-and-mike-fontenot-of-the-chicago-cubs-celebrate-after-picture-id75748378

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We beat all 3 in LA a couple weeks ago. But all means keep on hating.
Cubs got swept by the Brewers a few weeks ago, but that didn't mean crap on the series this weekend. Don't be so sensitive... I'm not hating at all. I've got absolutely nothing against the Rockies. However, you've only won 2 of your last 7 games against bad teams in the thick of a tight wild card race. Excuse me for thinking you may not hold on to that last spot when you play better teams this week.

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Cubs got swept by the Brewers a few weeks ago, but that didn't mean crap on the series this weekend. Don't be so sensitive... I'm not hating at all. I've got absolutely nothing against the Rockies. However, you've only won 2 of your last 7 games against bad teams in the thick of a tight wild card race. Excuse me for thinking you may not hold on to that last spot when you play better teams this week.

This Cubs team has had a serious World Series hangover but they have been firing on all cylinders lately. As long as the offense can put up 4+ runs in a playoff series the depth they have in the bullpen and the possibility to pull a struggling starter early with Montgomery and probably Lackey available too gives them an advantage in the divisional series and they will probably have 3 lefties in the pen against the Nationals too.

Health will be key to their postseason success as this is a deep roster.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Chuck loves him some Brew crew!

Not sure what point is not getting across to you here, but I guess Ill try one more time.

Yes, I am cheering for the Brewers to get the last Wild Card spot. The Cubs were absolutely horrible against the NL West this season, so why would I want 3 NL West teams in the playoffs and the assurance that the NLCS would be against an NL West team? As I have said a few times, I would love an I-94 series for the NLCS. It would be great for the Cubs, and the Cubs would be favorites to win, where they will likely not be favorites over the Dodgers or D-Backs.

But by all means, continue to try and argue every opinion or point I bring to the table here...

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonenation5

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not sure what point is not getting across to you here, but I guess Ill try one more time.

Yes, I am cheering for the Brewers to get the last Wild Card spot. The Cubs were absolutely horrible against the NL West this season, so why would I want 3 NL West teams in the playoffs and the assurance that the NLCS would be against an NL West team? As I have said a few times, I would love an I-94 series for the NLCS. It would be great for the Cubs, and the Cubs would be favorites to win, where they will likely not be favorites over the Dodgers or D-Backs.

But by all means, continue to try and argue every opinion or point I bring to the table here...

Wouldn't it make more sense to root for the Cardinals by that logic? Cubs have been much more successful against St Louis this year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Wouldn't it make more sense to root for the Cardinals by that logic? Cubs have been much more successful against St Louis this year.

Sure. Id love an NLCS against the Cardinals as the NLDS a few years ago was awesome. That being said, I dont think the Cardinals would stand a chance in a 1 game series against Arizona, and if they did, they would not get past the Dodgers in a 5 game series. I think the Brewers struggle in a 1 game series against the Dbacks, but are set up much better to get past the Dodgers.