(Lack of) Iowa Football Fan Support

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought Iowa could beat Penn St before the game started. I felt if Iowa played a clean game they could get them. Iowa played like garbage and lost the game. I thought we were going to luck out and beat them, but credit Penn St for putting together a game winning drive at the end.
Played like garbage? Ha ha ha ha ha you're an idiot.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
"I don't troll. I get trolled." is an interesting defense. Talking smack and trolling are not the same thing. I would've expected you to know that by now.

I don’t get trolled, I turn the troll back on the troller. It is pretty easy here, because ISU fans are extremely sensitive. @CyTwins trolls Iowa’s attendance, and I point out what ISU is selling tickets for on Stubhub.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I think the AD messed up. I am no friend of Barta and he shouldn’t be selling tickets at $95. They should have been $75 tops.

It is really expensive to go to games at Iowa. I wish Iowa sold 3 packs for $99 where you get your top 2 rivals and a top 15 team all for $99 like in Ames. Instead Iowa charges $95 for a single game.

Barta doesn't set the ticket prices. The University of Iowa ticket office does

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yep, and they then say PSU played like garbage. They don't realize that maybe just the big ten is garbage.

Sorry Bro, but the Big12 is garbage this year. 5th out of the 5 P5 conferences. But keep on pumping out the propaganda to make yourself feel good, but that dog ain’t gonna hunt this year and it didn’t last year either.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html

https://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2017&sub=11604&c=1

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Last edited:

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I have season tickets to both Iowa/ISU. There's a marked difference in the philosophy and style between the two leagues. It's like night and day. Just the way it is and they way it has been for a decade or longer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don’t get trolled, I turn the troll back on the troller. It is pretty easy here, because ISU fans are extremely sensitive. @CyTwins trolls Iowa’s attendance, and I point out what ISU is selling tickets for on Stubhub.

I thought you said you can't compare ISU and Iowa. Also why are you comparing face value to the secondary market?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Just defending Iowa against the non stop trolling here.

Let me paint a more accurate picture:

Your Hawks lost a hard fought game against a top 5 team that most people thought would wax you. But because it wasn't enough for you to run with the positives from the game, you came on over to CycloneFanatic (you know, your rival's website) expecting us to be complimenting your precious Hawks or giving them a pat on the back. But got mad when you saw we were still making fun of them.

We're ISU fans. We're not going to change our opinion of Iowa. Hopefully you reach the acceptance phase sooner rather than later.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Let me paint a more accurate picture:

Your Hawks lost a hard fought game against a top 5 team that most people thought would wax you. But because it wasn't enough for you to run with the positives from the game, you came on over to CycloneFanatic (you know, your rival's website) expecting us to be complimenting your precious Hawks or giving them a pat on the back. But got mad when you saw we were still making fun of them.

We're ISU fans. We're not going to change our opinion of Iowa. Hopefully you reach the acceptance phase sooner rather than later.

I change my opinion of Iowa all the time. But it's always for the worse.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Kinnick looked great on TV. Odd it wasn't sold out earlier (was it sold out). My guess is that fans of Iowa know how fans of ISU felt a few weeks ago.

They pack you like sardines in there, so fans can spread out a bit and absorb the 4,000 that didn't show up.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
You guys have such great fans. People have been dogging you for years. Maybe the next time you have a home game on ABC, you will get a chance to prove it.

If Iowa had only 8 wins in the past 3 years, I guarantee you they would be nowhere near close to a sellout.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron