BayLLLLLLLLor Now 0-8

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Look at how many times we've had ****** teams that could come close to big wins against big teams, or even actually pull it off, despite otherwise being ****** in most other games.

I'm guessing that's still baylor. Gonna need to see more than just one game they very well may have been majorly 'up' for, before saying 'baylor is back'

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Baylor's roster is thin. They still have really talented players, and they'll win a few conference games. Come November 18th, we'll see just what shape they're in from a depth, and injury standpoint.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
they said on the broadcast that the coach wants to build the program the "right way"

They didn't mention how much rape that would be required

I hope it's the McDermott right way. Then a decade later they'll realize he's not the guy.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Baylor's roster is thin. They still have really talented players, and they'll win a few conference games. Come November 18th, we'll see just what shape they're in from a depth, and injury standpoint.
Ours is thin as well. Must avoid injuries.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I just hope they give up by then. Injury is one thing, but a bad season can cause a team to start playing for themselves. With a team recruited in very different situation than today, I could see that happening real fast.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
One thing I noticed watching the game yesterday: there are a LOT of Frosh / R-Frosh players playing for Baylor. I sincerely hope they end up being as bad as they used to be (before Briles) but, with their youth and the way they fought against OU, I'm not so sure that it will happen.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Fortunately for us, Baylor will roll Kansas so I don't think we will have to worry. But that would be very Iowa State of us.

Watching KU against WVU i dont know. They held their own in that one, and it'll be at KU so minor home benefit

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Watching KU against WVU i dont know. They held their own in that one, and it'll be at KU so minor home benefit
I guess KU really didn't impress me. They were down 35-13 at half and to me it looked like WVU let off the gas pedal. Then KU made it close and WVU ended up blowing them out in the end. Who knows, maybe KU is getting better, but I doubt it. Their coach is terrible.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I guess KU really didn't impress me. They were down 35-13 at half and to me it looked like WVU let off the gas pedal. Then KU made it close and WVU ended up blowing them out in the end. Who knows, maybe KU is getting better, but I doubt it. Their coach is terrible.

I didn't say they were great, merely that they may be good enough to not get 'rolled' by a terrible baylor team.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
WVU isn't very good on the defensive side, like oSu apparently. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions on one game performances. Baylor has a solid coach. Ku doesn't. If a hanky, he'd be characterized as all show no blow. oSu will steamroll others with their offense alone.

It's going to be a fun year, continuing Thursday night. Beat Texas!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Ours is thin as well. Must avoid injuries.

ISU has a full compliment of scholarship players, and is a year ahead of Baylor with roster development.. Baylor had mass attrition after the rape scandal. They signed a big class in 2017, but they have holes that occur with coaching changes.