Texas Opens as a 4.5 Point Favorite

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I think it will settle in at Texas -3 or 3.5 at kick. I would get ISU +4.5 while you can. Of course I am biased and never bet on games involving "my" teams so won't be touching this line.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm a little surprised, but with Texas coming off a nice showing, and playing a program like Iowa State, it's a recipe for a line that matches knee-jerk perception.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Vegas must be putting a lot of stock into the USC game. I'm guessing it'll come down 1-2pts in the next couple days.

I would of figured after watching USC yesterday that would of come down a little...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I was figuring TX would be around 3 point favorite, just because they are TX. After seeing what Maryland and USC did over the weekend, I am more convinced than ever that the Clones have this one at home. Just have to be patient and wait for the TX defense to get lost like they did against Maryland. Their offense still looks pretty average, and ISU's defense is getting better.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
I like ISU in this one, especially after the performances of USC, Maryland and Iowa yesterday.

Honestly, what has Texas shown that would suggest they are the better team? That oline is hardly intimidating. And if ISU can put up 38+ against Iowa's defense, I'm not too concerned about the cylcones putting up points against Texas (though they'll probably be a little sluggish in the first half).

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This is a great opportunity for the Campbell led program to "take the next step". Hopefully we've developed a little depth at some key positions (d line for example) and can keep coming at them. It would be great to see us finish off a game and break the other team's will in the 4th quarter.

Secondary has me worried. I hope we've cleaned some things up and don't get abused on the back end. Herman is probably going to have these guys hitting on all cylinders in a couple of years. Let's take care of them while they're still finding themselves.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Looking around at some other predictions

CFB Analytics - Iowa State 47% chance to win
FPI - Iowa State 35% chance to win
Sagarin - Iowa State 5.5 or 6 point underdog

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Haramid, you coming out to this one? I'm guessing between work and kid stuff probably not but thought I'd ask.

Hmm. I hadn't even thought about it. A 4.5 hour drive to Ames on a Thursday night would be tough... but maybe doable? How hard are tickets to come by right now?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hmm. I hadn't even thought about it. A 4.5 hour drive to Ames on a Thursday night would be tough... but maybe doable? How hard are tickets to come by right now?

Easy, supposedly 15 dollar tix on stub hub. FB has $25 tix that turn into 31 after ticket master fees. Wouldn't be surprised if the AD runs some type of flash sale this week. Last night I thought there were some $30 tix in ticket exchange.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
I was figuring TX would be around 3 point favorite, just because they are TX. After seeing what Maryland and USC did over the weekend, I am more convinced than ever that the Clones have this one at home. Just have to be patient and wait for the TX defense to get lost like they did against Maryland. Their offense still looks pretty average, and ISU's defense is getting better.

MD lost their QB (2nd string game 1) in the 1st qtr. MD was for real, but TX still goes down.