NFL: ***Official Week Three Thread***

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
How old is Brady? Does it matter? No matter how hard anybody tries nobody can stop him in the clutch.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, the Falcons escape Detroit with their undefeated lives intact. Falcons leading 30-26, Stafford completes a pass to Tate for a TD with :09 on the clock - but it's reviewed. Turns out Tate was down at the half yard line - no TD. By rule in that situation where you go from a stopped clock situation to one where a clock should be running, 10 seconds are run off the clock. Detroit had no TOs to prevent this, so the game is over.

What a game.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Wow, the Falcons escape Detroit with their undefeated lives intact. Falcons leading 30-26, Stafford completes a pass to Tate for a TD with :09 on the clock - but it's reviewed. Turns out Tate was down at the half yard line - no TD. By rule in that situation where you go from a stopped clock situation to one where a clock should be running, 10 seconds are run off the clock. Detroit had no TOs to prevent this, so the game is over.

What a game.
Man, that hurts. Ouch.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

What a game.
Wow, is that actually the correct interpretation of the rule? Would they have had time to get set up to kill the clock or run a play had he been ruled down on the field?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Man, that hurts. Ouch.

I'm primarily a Falcons fan, so I'm happy with how the game ended - and the Lions showed that they're a team to be reckoned with this year.

Wow, is that actually the correct interpretation of the rule? Would they have had time to get set up to kill the clock or run a play had he been ruled down on the field?

After the review, the TD was taken away and he was ruled down on the field. The 10-second runoff is automatic (kind of like an offensive penalty or an injury (I think?)) within 2 minutes. The only way to prevent it is with a timeout - which the Lions didn't have.

Had he been ruled down on the field, it would have been really close, but, in theory, 9 seconds should be enough time to get everyone set. Problem is I think it would have been 4th down, so you can't spike.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Headed to OT in GB!

tenor.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What Kareem Hunt is doing is crazy. When Ware went down, I didn't think the Chiefs would be doing much of anything this season. Defense is playing great, Smith is playing great, Hill has becomme a great primary WR threat, Kelce is good. Chiefs might be hosting NE for the AFC.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron