(Lack of) Iowa Football Fan Support

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Hawk trolls thought we were going to give them a pat on the back after last night and now they're pissed we are still making fun of them. I still can't believe the delusion I'm seeing on their boards. Anyone that watched that game last night saw Penn State dominate for nearly 60 minutes. Those teams weren't even.

If you want to bask in the glory of your moral victory, the rival's board is not the place.

They are Moral Victory U

• Funny
Reactions: Rural and Macloney

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
And $40 is a ridiculously cheap price at pretty much any non-garbage Big10 and SEC team's games. Sorry, but two years ago you can't sell out with $40 tix vs. Purdue when Iowa was on the verge of a Big10 west title. Yet again, if you look at the spectrum with OSU, Bama, Michigan, etc. on one end, and ISU, on the other, Iowa is a hell of lot closer to ISU than those teams when it comes to getting fans to your games. Considering ISU's recent record, that's pretty sad for your fan base.

I'll say it again, your program is irrelevant nationally. Last night was almost like UI-Michigan last year or ISU-Okie St. 2011. Nothing more, nothing less. Iowa played well on the big stage and has rightfully earned props for playing well in a great game. Still, as the season goes on, near-misses on wins vs. top 10 teams fall into the dustbin of history, and no one outside the state or BTN will remember or care.

Maybe if Iowa wins their next two they can hold off the march to being unranked for 90% of the 2010s. "Top 15 program" on it's way of following out of the top 40 teams in terms of weeks in the AP poll in the 2010s.

Lol, Iowa is 23-8 over the last 3 years (including this one). That is a top 20 winning %

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Iowa fans think that the headline of the game was how doggone hard the Hawks played when all anyone really notices is Saquon Barkley hurdling a player and Penn State pulled out a win in an exciting finish.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Iowa fans think that the headline of the game was how doggone hard the Hawks played when all anyone really notices is Saquon Barkley hurdling a player and Penn State pulled out a win in an exciting finish.

I never felt Iowa could beat Penn St, they Are the best team we will play including Ohio St. Iowa will lose several more games. They will end 7-5 or 8-4 like I have been saying all offseason. Onto the next game.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
LOL that is ******** and you know it. Social media was overflowing with "Love this team" and "proud of my hawks" ******** last night.

Hawk fans love their team and won’t abandon them because they lose a game. Way different than a moral victory. ISU fans beat their chest about moral victories, heck even coaches brag about winning halves at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I never felt Iowa could beat Penn St, they Are the best team we will play including Ohio St. Iowa will lose several more games. They will end 7-5 or 8-4 like I have been saying all offseason. Onto the next game.

Bet you thought Iowa could beat Penn State when there was about a minute and a half to go. We would've loaned you some nut cups if you had asked.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Bet you thought Iowa could beat Penn State when there was about a minute and a half to go. We would've loaned you some nut cups if you had asked.

I thought Iowa could beat Penn St before the game started. I felt if Iowa played a clean game they could get them. Iowa played like garbage and lost the game. I thought we were going to luck out and beat them, but credit Penn St for putting together a game winning drive at the end.