Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What us fans don't see is all the hatred spewed all game long at these players from opposing fans while they sit on the bench. Especially at Iowa where the fans are literally a few feet away from the bench. I can't imagine what kinds of things are said to them all game long.

So, at the end of a heated contest, a young 20 year old kid who has been ridiculed all night long decides to punt the football..... who gives crap. And then minutes later, after calming down a bit, he does the right thing and apologizes for losing his cool for a couple seconds, that's pretty admirable. He's just a kid who is expected to not let his emotions get to him, yet 66k adults in the stands can act like idiots all night, but that's ok.

Announcers talked about in past games that fans would take players helmets if left on the table unattended. I have read how batteries, cigarette butts were thrown on them and beers poured on the the players. What a bunch of dbags.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Announcers talked about in past games that fans would take players helmets if left on the table unattended. I have read how batteries, cigarette butts were thrown on them and beers poured on the the players. What a bunch of dbags.

If a fan takes a helmet, shouldn't that be some sort of delay of game penalty on the home team? They have similar rules with throwing things on the field. If I were a coach, I'd bring those soccer style shields for the benches to keep the fans away from my team.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We were watching another game and didn't see anything but the last play. Heard a lot of whining today after church about Jewel's terrible bum ankle. Confused, was he really injured and Bud Kilmer strikes again or is it some excuse? Did Jewell play bad?

Reactions: GTO

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
We were watching another game and didn't see anything but the last play. Heard a lot of whining today after church about Jewel's terrible bum ankle. Confused, was he really injured and Bud Kilmer strikes again or is it some excuse? Did Jewell play bad?

No, he was pretty good. Missed some tackles, but was usually 1v1 on Barkley. Thats coaching/scheme, not on Jewell.

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge

Never seen the back of an Iowa ticket. But maybe instead of saying the usual do not be unsportsmanlike, obscene language towards players and officials will not be tolerated, do not enter the field of play, etc, their tickets say:

"Please be as obscene as possible and interfere with the opposing team on the sideline as much as possible without actually entering the field of play. Remember, be the biggest d-bags you can be."

• Winner
  • Disagree
Reactions: Acylum and breck53

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well, Iowa fans are known for stealing s***, such as their own players' stuff from the locker room.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Why did my head explode? I agree, “No Moral Victory.”

So when Iowa State is excited about their team after a loss it's considered moral victories? But when Iowa fans do the exact same thing it's somehow different?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So when Iowa State is excited about their team after a loss it's considered moral victories? But when Iowa fans do the exact same thing it's somehow different?

Yes. I follow the tried and true ISR protocol on this. ISU fans do it all the time, so I follow suit.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Why did Pollard let a thief into the Iowa locker room? That was just weird of him to do.
Source? Does Pollard personally guard the opponent's locker room? I genuinely don't know.

Why was there an Iowa fan stealing Iowa stuff in the first place?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Source? Does Pollard personally guard the opponent's locker room? I genuinely don't know.

Why was there an Iowa fan stealing Iowa stuff in the first place?

True, but Pollard is too cheap to hire good security. I actually applaud Barta one thing, warning other schools of his lax security.

Help Support Us

Become a patron