Story on David Montgomery

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
IMO the coaches are failing Mike. They need to work harder to get him more touches, and put him in succesful situations. You don't punish a fish for not being able to fly.

Back to the original point, Montgomery is a true leader. Very inspiring to see him play and to hear his story.

• Disagree
Reactions: DhaCheann

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
IMO the coaches are failing Mike. They need to work harder to get him more touches, and put him in succesful situations. You don't punish a fish for not being able to fly.

Back to the original point, Montgomery is a true leader. Very inspiring to see him play and to hear his story.
I don't think the coaches are failing Mike. There are just so many other weapons on the field that he isn't required to take the bulk of the workload..

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

Not really sure why you say the coaches are failing Mike. The coaches play the guys that are the better athletes and if Mike is simply beat out by someone better, how are the coaches failing?

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
They need to work harder to get him more touches, and put him in succesful situations.

I disagree. The point is to win the game. Warren is good but Montgomery special. Coaches work harder to get special players more touches. Since they play the same positions that, by nature, means Warren will be getting less touches.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

I could give a **** less if Mike doesn't get another touch all year. Montgomery is three times the player Warren is. Would like to see Lang get some more carries. Tired of Warren's one move and down running game.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
DM is our best running back since Troy Davis. That is not a sleight to Haywood or D Davis. His ability to make people miss AND bull them over is why I say this. Thanks for sharing, Twins!

You surely cannot be serious.....He ran for 3700 yards at ISU, including nearly 1400 his senior season.