Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm listening to the Hawaii/Wyoming game and the announcers we're going over scores at half. One says "big shocker, Iowa beats Penn State 21-19 on a late 25 yard touchdown." The other announced goes "are you sure? I've got Penn State winning 21-19." First announced goes "that's not correct, I don't think. No way Iowa lost that game after that." And then they just go on.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It's time for you to apologize as your behavior has been erratic and should not be looked at as how Cyclone fans normally act. Get some rest and hopefully you come back tomorrow with a different attitude. Comprende?

I'd aplogize if I had something to apologize for.

• Informative
Reactions: IanCYCLONE

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Any #FireKirk sightings yet?

No, but they're none to happy about the punting at the end. I guess it's OK for their D-linemen to dance in the back field after a sack, but the QB can't celebrate after a win.

Plus it sounds like there were plenty of things said from the stands to the PSU bench throughout the game. But it's PSU that was the problem last night.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I won’t apologize for enjoying all those delicious hok tears last night.

**** EIU. **** TSOT.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
No, but they're none to happy about the punting at the end. I guess it's OK for their D-linemen to dance in the back field after a sack, but the QB can't celebrate after a win.

Plus it sounds like there were plenty of things said from the stands to the PSU bench throughout the game. But it's PSU that was the problem last night.
It's the Stanford Marching Band all over again...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Forget about the fact that he spent the first two minutes of the postgame interview apologizing for doing it. Kid knew immediately he screwed up and owned it publically. They need to give it a rest.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83 and breck53

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Forget about the fact that he spent the first two minutes of the postgame interview apologizing for doing it. Kid knew immediately he screwed up and owned it publically. They need to give it a rest.

It's not much different what Baker Mayfield did at Ohio State, it's in the heat of the moment. Quit being so sensitive Big 10 fans and take it as a compliment they care that much about that win to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's not much different what Baker Mayfield did at Ohio State, it's in the heat of the moment. Quit being so sensitive Big 10 fans and take it as a compliment they care that much about that win to do that.

What us fans don't see is all the hatred spewed all game long at these players from opposing fans while they sit on the bench. Especially at Iowa where the fans are literally a few feet away from the bench. I can't imagine what kinds of things are said to them all game long.

So, at the end of a heated contest, a young 20 year old kid who has been ridiculed all night long decides to punt the football..... who gives crap. And then minutes later, after calming down a bit, he does the right thing and apologizes for losing his cool for a couple seconds, that's pretty admirable. He's just a kid who is expected to not let his emotions get to him, yet 66k adults in the stands can act like idiots all night, but that's ok.