***Official General College Football 2017 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not surprised, but I pity you. I mean, if you felt just as much joy watching Iowa lose to PSU as you did watching ISU upset OSU you need to reevaluate your life.

Totally agree on this. NOTHING is better than watching ISU win. I generally don't care what Iowa does all that much to be honest, although since Iowa fans rubbed it in my face for 2 weeks straight now after our kick to the nuts against the Hawks, I'm a bit satisfied right now that they are feeling the same pain.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Not surprised, but I pity you. I mean, if you felt just as much joy watching Iowa lose to PSU as you did watching ISU upset OSU you need to reevaluate your life.
It's clones21 your talking about. Of course he needs to reevaluate his life

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Not that I can think of. I actually think PSU's offense revolves too much around him though, if that makes sense. I have to laugh at some of you saying he should have gotten the ball more, he had over 40 touches there's only so much he can humanly do. I think he's human anyway.

They used him a lot in the second half. In the first half, they were still trying to get their passing game going. I wasn't impressed with McSorley or the Penn State pass protection. McSorley doesn't make quick decisions and has shaky pocket presence. Barkley is going to have to carry them all year.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
How Iowa fans feel right now is how we all felt after Iowa beat us a couple weeks ago. ISU had the game won, until the miraculous play by Wadley to tie it. It's a total kick to the nuts.

And after years and years of watching Iowa fans REJOICE in watching ISU get kicked in the nuts, I have to admit I'm enjoying Iowa fans feeling a bit of it tonight.

However, any reasonable Hawkeye fan with any knowledge of football should understand they had no business even being in this game, so it can't hurt that much. 300 more yards for PSU, 20 more 1st downs, and the list goes on and on showing just how much PSU dominated this game. PSU just got really stupid inside the redzone with their playcalling. It's nearly impossible to not score about 40 pts with all the offense PSU put up.

You act like Iowa has never lost a heartbreaker before. They lost a chance for the playoffs on a 4th and 1.

Iowa did have business being in that game. I'm not sure how the defensive game plan looks so unfamiliar to you, it was straight out of Wally Burnham's playbook. PSU's the better team but Iowa's not a scrub. They'll win about 8 games as long as Warley stays healthy

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I do feel for the good natured IA fans like you, but too many of DB trolls that come over here and ruin it for the ones like you. At least at the end of the year you guys will be going bowling.

Lol, thanks but bowl season hasn't been fun for awhile.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You act like Iowa has never lost a heartbreaker before. They lost a chance for the playoffs on a 4th and 1.

Iowa did have business being in that game. I'm not sure how the defensive game plan looks so unfamiliar to you, it was straight out of Wally Burnham's playbook. PSU's the better team but Iowa's not a scrub. They'll win about 8 games as long as Warley stays healthy

You can't even compare the number of kicks to the nuts Iowa fans have experienced compared to what ISU fans have gone through. Don't even go there.

And no, Iowa had no business being in that game. Complete domination in the trenches on both sides by PSU. PSU had nearly 600 yds to Iowa's nearly 300 yds. 31 first downs to 11. PSU's coaching staff nearly cost them this game. Way too conservative down inside the redzone all night until the last drive.

McSorley isn't that great IMO, and that makes PSU pretty one dimensional. Still very good to be able to put up nearly 600 yds being one dimensional though.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Playing Penn State close = 10+ wins and trip to the BIG championship game apparently. Favorite quote so far “ See you in Indianapolis “ lol

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Lol, thanks but bowl season hasn't been fun for awhile.
Well at least you guys have fewer garbage teams on your schedule to rack up easy wins. Might actually end up in a bowl you deserve against a more equal opponent for once. Like the Foster Farms bowl or something.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Playing Penn State close = 10+ wins and trip to the BIG championship game apparently. Favorite quote so far “ See you in Indianapolis “ lol

Between Iowa and Wisconsin most likely. If Barkley is healthy, I don't like Iowa's chances against them on a neutral field.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I see that when Barkley posterized the Iowa defense with his hurdling run on 3rd down to get a 1st down he ended up on SC Top 10 for it.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Between Iowa and Wisconsin most likely. If Barkley is healthy, I don't like Iowa's chances against them on a neutral field.

Guess it depends on how Wisconsin does this year, but I see Iowa losing 3 or 4 more games.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Speaking of yesterday's game - I never saw an ***official Iowa vs Penn State game day*** thread. Funny how Yeahbuddy was posting game day threads for games he knew Iowa was going to win, but didn't attempt to start one here. Would have been epic had he done so!

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Speaking of yesterday's game - I never saw an ***official Iowa vs Penn State game day*** thread. Funny how Yeahbuddy was posting game day threads for games he knew Iowa was going to win, but didn't attempt to start one here. Would have been epic had he done so!

I assumed he got banned.

• Optimistic
Reactions: MeanDean

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Honest, and simple question for you Clark.... do you think Iowa's defense is good?

I'm getting the vibe after last night's game from Hawk fans, and the local media, that Iowa's defense is pretty good. Wondering what your thoughts are on that?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I actually somewhat agree with you here, although PSU doesn't seem to have a whole lot besides Barkley IMO. McSorley was not good tonight IMO. They weren't much of a threat to throw it downfield at all, which plays right into Iowa's strength. ISU was able to exploit Iowa's weak DBs, McSorley was not able to. Barkley was about all they had.
Say what? You must have missed that last drive by McSorley. And did you miss last year too?
Also, Penn State has four receivers - Hamilton, Johnson, Blacknall and Gesicki who will be in the NFL; plus Gesicki is only the best TE in college football...

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You must have missed that last drive.

He was good in one drive.... yippeee!

For the most part, Iowa didn't have to worry about the deep ball at all last night. Barely even had to worry about the medium routes either. All PSU did for most of the night was either run the ball or throw dump off passes to Barkley. Neither team really had to worry about the deep passing game.

That's what I like about ISU this year. You need to cover the whole field against Park. Not so with McSorley.... at least last night anyway.